Happy Friday friends! It’s almost the weekend!
For some reason I keep thinking this is a three day weekend, which is not at all true. But my brain seems to think it’s going to be a good one nonetheless. I’ve made a little wrap up of all the cool things you should be doing in Houston this weekend, so if you think you’re going to be bored and in bed this weekend – get excited!
Where to Shop:
- Independent Bookstore Day at Brazos Bookstore: Brazos Bookstore is celebrating Independent Bookstore Day in style with different events going on all day from 10:30 – 8PM! Kinda interested in the Drunk Coloring: Cormac McCarthy edition. 😉
- Flea Style Houston Spring Show: This is one of my favorite things to hit up at Silver Street Studios. Browse the best handmade, vintage and one-of-a-kind wares from Texas artisans & local businesses. 120+ vendors offering art, furniture, paper goods, fashion, jewelry, dog gear and more. They’ll also have drinks, live music, and more! It’ll be on Saturday from 9-5PM.
Y’all know I love me some Outdoor Voices stuff – see me run around in it here. So when I got a 20$ Outdoor Voices discount email this morning I ran to the website to see what’s new and there’s a LOT of new! I’m really loving their biker shorts that I got in their Spring Cleaning Sale (see link below) and am anxiously waiting for them to appear on my doorstep.
The Trail Jacket in Pebbled Rose is so gorgeous. Ughhhh anything with pink sign me up. I’m sad that I bought a windbreaker recently because I can’t justify buying another one so soon. But maybe one day. I’m also in love with anything cropped these days – and loving this green top! Also – this entire white number needs to be in my closet when I’m not hurting for moola. SO good.
Did I also mention their cacti collection – the greens are gorgeous shades and perfect for spring/summer. When this came out I almost died because how perfect is it to have a workout collection in cactus shades! Killin’ it.
Check out their spring cleaning sale here where you can get 30% off with the code SPRINGCLEANING, or click here to get $20 off your first purchase at OV!
Guys, I did the dirty work for you. I rounded up all the best free online workout videos, so that you don’t have to dig through to find one that actually is going to make you sweat (and is actually doable from your apartment living room). The best part about at home workout videos is that you can find a lot of good ones for FREE! It’s the best.
I recently stumbled upon Sweaty Betty‘s YouTube channel and it’s great! If you don’t know, Sweaty Betty is an athletic wear company based in the UK, who have now uploaded a bunch of cool workout videos to promote their brand – such a good marketing idea. I was very excited when I stumbled upon it because it means that I can get a full 45 minute workout without having to go to a class! Y’all know I love my ClassPass, but sometimes I decide to work out last minute and don’t have time to get out the door. This is a life-saver. Here are some of my favorites so far (FYI they will make you SORE):
- Body by Simone Dance Cardio Workout: This is going to make you SWEAT, but also it’s going to make you dance. I was a naysayer of these trendy dance workouts going around, but I take it back! I think I burned 300+ calories dancing around in my living room in 45 minutes, so you know I’m into it. Great cardio without having to run out the door in humid Houston!
- Bum Sculpting Barre Class: Paola Di Lanzo’s body barre class is a great way to work out your butt! I have been on a butt workout kick (summer is looming) so this was perfect for that purpose.
My new favorite place to get free online workout videos is at PopSugar Fitness – SO many selections of longer workouts. It’s a gold mine. The variety is great too if you’re looking to work out a specific area or if you have a favorite type of workout like pilates or barre. SO good. Also love that she collaborates with a bunch of other online workout creators so you’re consistently getting introduced to new free workout trainers! Some current favs:
- 30 minute Selena Gomez workout for flat abs and toned legs: I did this workout earlier this week and dang you feel a burn in every move! I added on this 10 minute butt workout to get it closer to 45 minutes and it was a great (but really hard) addition!
- 45 minute cardio dance workout: This is another Body by Simone dance workout that killed my calves. Seriously were sore for a solid week and I was hobbling around like a weirdo feeling like I couldn’t do any workout. Probably burned 500 calories. SO MUCH SWEAT. I felt like I got out of a hot yoga class. Dance it out, friends! Also want to mention that these moves are easy to pick up – you don’t have to be a dancer to do this.
- 40 minute boxing and toning workout: I haven’t done this one yet, but it’s next on my list! I’ve never done a boxing workout, but I am excited to try!
Last but not least, my go-to toning and HIIT workouts are with the Tone It Up ladies – Karena and Katrina. Whether or not you sign up for their bikini series or if you need a one-off workout, they will get you sore. Sometimes I’ll only do one of their workout videos and end up sore the next day. These are fail-safe workouts that will seriously get you in shape (especially if you follow their routine). So set your 45 minute-hour timer and get goin’:
Tellin’ you I’m serious about these butt workouts. Beach booty time. 🙂
Got a favorite free online workout I should know about?