Guys! I’ve been doing these guides for over a MONTH & I’m in love. This weekend there’s a wide array of things to check out — from art markets to motorcycle nights to music festivals! Lets keep it up with What to do in Houston this weekend!
Where to Shop:
- First Saturday Arts Market on 19th Street in the Heights will be this Saturday from 6 — 10PM. This is my ideal way to spend my weekend evenings — perusing shops and getting tacos and a margarita from Torchy’s Tacos afterwards.
- June Designers Kick-Off Party for Launch is on Thursday from 6 — 8:30. LAUNCH is presenting a diverse and talented group of Houston creatives offering goods ranging from designer apparel, upcycled accessories, handmade jewelry, candles to greeting cards. There will be cocktails, light bites, and shopping. What more do you need?
- Want to get really spontaneous? There’s a pup adoption event at the Urban Harvest Farmer’s Market, Houston’s oldest & largest farmer’s market. Get some produce, but also a pup!
- Eleanora’s Market is having its Grand Opening event at Cavatore Italian Restaurant on Saturday from 9 — 11AM. They’ll have over 60 vendors selling produce, textiles, baked goods, art, flowers, and more! If you can’t make it this weekend, they’ll be back every Saturday from here on out!
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! In completely un-american fashion (just kidding, spent the whole weekend with my family at the lake), we’re going to talk about EUROPE! Let’s get through Edinburgh, shall we? Enjoy the end to our Edinburgh City Guide… lets go!
(If you didn’t read Part One, click here!)
Our second day in Edinburgh was our first full-on rainy day (those above photos are a bit misleading), but we trudged on with our rain coats and umbrellas to continue to enjoy all the city had to offer. Our first stop was Hula Juice Cafe & Gallery for breakfast. I spotted this place on our first day and was determined to come back and enjoy it because it’s truly the cutest. It’s right off grassmarket and has yummy healthy juices, good eats, and a great people-watching window.
After our breakfast, we trekked uphill to Edinburgh Castle. The castle is giant from the outside, but also giant on the inside. We grabbed some audio guides (although I ended up tossing mine halfway through) and began our tour. There’s lots to see and you can easily spend hours wandering around. We enjoyed the pet cemetery (sad, but sweet), the scotch tastings (burned me), and touring the dungeons.
After touring the castle, we headed down past Princes Street Gardens (they line the castle on the North side and are just gorgeous) to the Scotland National Gallery! Unluckily a lot of it was under construction, but we did see some gorgeous paintings that were def worth the free admission. 😉 We got lunch at Bella Italia, which I’m pretty sure is just a little chain restaurant but it sure hit the spot after walking all morning. I popped into Oliver Bonas a few shops down and my mom had to drag me out.
Helloooooo Houstonites! Time to figure out what you’re doing in Houston this weekend!! LOTS of food options for Memorial Day, and lots of bike rides! Check it out to see what you should do!
Where to Eat & Drink:
- This Sunday is National Burger Day! This list from Houstonia will show you all the yum places to get that burger!
- South Houston Crawfish Festival 2017 is goin’ down Saturday from noon — 10PM at the Hobby Event Center! If you get your tickets early, they’re offering two free beers, tons of live music options, food, and more!
- The Big Lebowski Party at Platypus Brewing is an all-day affair at Platypus Brewing on Washington, Saturday. They’re releasing a new Sour Ale and will be having a movie showing, costume contest, and more!
- Starting 8 AM on Saturday morning it’s Kolache Saturday at Revival Market! Go early before all the good ones go!
- Saint Arnold’s Brewing Company is having a Rogue One viewing on Thursday from 6 — 10PM! 10$ tickets that include a beer, and there will even be a costume contest at 7PM! Come one, come all Star Wars fans and celebrate 40 years of Star Wars!!
- D&T Drive In is having their four year anniversary this weekend and will be having food and drink specials to celebrate! To top it off they’ll be raffling off a whole case of mixed Saint Arnold Bishops Barrels!
- Beats BBQ Brews will be at Glitter Karaoke — so if you’re into BBQ, you know where you should be! Saturday from 12 — 4PM!
- A coffee and cocktails pop-up? Sounds good to me. Southside Espresso is hosting a fun “alternative” environment with adult beverages, great coffee, and live music on Sunday from 6 — 9PM!
- Southern Goods will be having a Luau on Sunday from 12 — 8PM, roasted pigs and all! Live music, cocktails, and food! Perf Sunday afternoon.
- Holler Funday Bash is the hap at Holler Brewing Co on Sunday! Food trucks and fun food concepts with some great beer to wash em’ down with!