It’s time again, errybody! Houston’s weekend guide is poppin’. I’m flying to Scotland tomorrow night so I’m missing out on this Texas heat — y’all will have to enjoy it for me. WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND?
Where to Shop:
- Stag is having their 2 year anniversary party on Friday from 6 — 9PM! So stop by with yo man (or not whatevs) and get some food, drinks, deals, and tunes! They’re also offering up some special prizes, so may be worth it to stop by!
- The Market at Sawyer Yards is this Saturday from 11 — 5PM. If you’re looking last minute for a Mother’s Day gift, this is the place to be. Always loaded with a lively crowd, great art, food trucks, and music, you’re going to want to go!
- Emerson Rose in the heights is having a Mother’s Day party on Saturday from 11 — 2PM! Go get some champagne and succulents (or just some cute clothes & sunnies) for yo momma! It’s also a great place to pick up a last minute Mother’s Day card… like I did when I posted on my instagram stories on Tuesday! 😉
Where to Eat:
- Beats BBQ Brews is back at Axelrad this Saturday from 12 — 4PM, bringing you exactly what the title says. Get some yum bbq and chill in a hammock while listening to good music AND you can bring your pup.
- B&B Butchers is having The Brunch Society on select saturdays. Ladies, the RTB Event Group is wanting you to party at brunch with a live DJ, some surprises and a great atmosphere. Make a reservation now, but make sure to tell them you’re with “The Brunch Society”!
- King’s Bierhaus just opened on Monday in the heights so if you’re curious about Austrian cuisine, stop in! But seriously, they have a giant sunflower mural outside that’s begging to be used as a backdrop for photos, handcrafted food and a big beer menu soooo this might be the place to try this weekend!
- Dia de los Crawfish is happening Saturday from 12 — 8PM at Navigation Esplanade with live bands, DJs, and mudbugs! They’re bringing some NOLA to the East End, so you’re going to want to go and celebrate!
- Southern Goods in the heights is hosting Heights Rose Social benefitting Susan G Komen Houston. They are partnering with local wine distributors to offer tastes of over 20 different rosés and to raise money for breast cancer awareness. They’ll also be serving hors d’oeuvres, and there will be live music in the back! This is going to be from 1 — 5PM on Saturday!
- Levy Park is having Fiesta 2017 where there will be margaritas, mexican food, and lots of music! This park just had a grand opening a few months ago (still haven’t been and am sad), so it’s sure to be a cool place to host a fun fiesta! It’s on Saturday from 3 — 6PM. I believe tickets are $25 presale and $30 day of!
- Lets talk MOTHERS DAY BRUNCH! Here are some fun places to go —
- Lucille’s is having live music and mother’s day specials (food + cocktails)!
- Fusion Taco is pairing up with Saint Arnold’s for a special taco + beer fusion (heh). Tickets are $35 and include cocktails, raspberry margaritas, and then of course some gourmet tacos!
- The Dunlavy is a gorgeous place to take your mom for brunch, and they’re doing an extravagant Mother’s Day Brunch buffet!
- Sambuca Houston is also doing a Mother’s Day brunch special and having live music!
- Some favorite places of mine to take my mom include: Weights + Measures, Brennan’s, and Max’s Wine Dive!
Where to Party:
- Puppies for Breakfast is being hosted at Market Square Park on Saturday from 10 — 3PM. It’s one of the largest outdoor dog festivals in the country, and is aiming to be a giant dog partyyyy! Who wouldn’t want to be there? Food trucks will be there and the event is free, although $5 towards Animal Justice League would be a great donation.
- Sundays in the Park at Discovery Green is being hosted by WonkyPower from 2 —4PM! If the weather is right, an afternoon at discovery green is a perfect addition to your day. Beer + wine are available, so bring a blanket and a ball and have the perfect Sunday.
- Night at Buffalo Bayou Brewery is Saturday from 6 — 9PM and sounds like a real good time. A food truck and live music will be on the scene, although you can bring your own food (and games)! $20 gets you unlimited beer during the event, so all you beer people shall be happy!
- Tycho will be at White Oak Music Hall TONIGHT (Thursday). Tickets are 35.00$ day of and 37.00$ at the box office.
- Bovine and Barley are celebrating their 2 year anniversary party with an 80s night party! There will be prizes, a photobooth, a pop up shop, and more. Looks like a good Friday night! (7PM — 2AM)
- Lucille’s is hosting a happy hour on Thursday night with Bayou Buddies, so if you’re interested in all things Buffalo Bayou (I am) — get goin’! 6 — 8PM!
Where to get Active:
- Okay, so maybe YOU won’t be that active… but JJ Watt will be hosting his 2017 Charity Classic on Saturday at 6PM! This entails a home run derby followed by a softball game between the offensive and defensive players from the Houston Texans. So go and watch and donate money to see one of Houston’s favs play a game he’s prob still good at.
- Want to get your run on and celebrate your mom at the same time? RacePace is having a Run With Your Mom 5k on Thursday from 6:30 — 9:30PM! Don’t want to run? Well, you can walk or just stay and have some beers at Holler Brewing Co. where the 5k will start and finish! There will also be hotdogs from Yummy Dog, LLC!
- Eureka Heights Brewing Co. is hosting a “Wheelie Fun Social Bike Ride” Friday night from 6:30 — 10PM! Join & ride to some great craft beer bars. The night will be full of beers, puns, and high fives!
- Flo Yoga is having two Mother’s Day yoga classes this weekend! On Sunday from 11 — 2PM at Lululemon in Highland Village there will be a Power Flo class, and from 2 — 3PM there’s another Power Flo class at Mixfitz Studios! Grab your mom and go FLOW!
- BCO Farmer’s Market Bike Ride — start off your weekend with a relaxing bike ride! Starting off at Onion Creek for a coffee, you’ll then take off to some farmer’s markets to shop for fresh produce, sauces, jams, bread and more. It’s a 12 — 15mi ride so bring some water and a bag to carry all your stuff!
Where to get Artsy:
- Brazos Bookstore is having a screening of Handmaid’s Tale, and if you haven’t seen this yet on Hulu you should definitely go! IT IS GRIPPING and somewhat disturbing as it’s a dystopian tale of our world after a plague of infertility. It’s on Friday from 7 — 8PM.
- It’s Rocky Horror Fright Night at River Oaks Theatre Saturday night! Go and see the cult classic dressed as a zombie, Freddie or Jason, or any scary movie character that you can swing.
- Flowerpalooza is being hosted by PopShopHouston in their new location on 19th street. Just in time for Mother’s Day — they want you to come over and build your momma a gorgeous bouquet. Sad I’m missing this one because what a great Saturday activity! It’s from 11 —4PM so get there early to get the best stems!
- Second Saturday at Summer Street Studios is this saturday from 12 — 5PM! This is a fun thing to do if you’re into wandering and art. The artists at Summer Street Studios open their doors and welcome in those who are curious to see what they’re creating. Grab a friend whose into analyzing art and get on your way!
Okay you guys — have fun in Houston this weekend! Tell me what you’re doing!