I’m currently abroad, but that must mean I just love you guys and Houston SO much. Mainly I’m getting into these weekend guides because it makes me want to get out more. Y’all too? OKAY – WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND!?
Where to Eat:
- Greek Fest is this weekend at St. Basil Greek Orthodox Church! Stop by for some amazing greek food, lots of wine, and LOTS of dancing and live performances!
- Barks and Brews is taking over Axelrad on Saturday from 12 — 2PM! So take your pup and enjoy the fresh air and hammocks. Tickets are available and with those there will be pet photography (so glam) and a bunch of free stuff for your best furry pal!
- Bayou Jamboree and Crawfish is going down at Historic Market Square Houston on Saturday from 3 — 7PM. No need to drive to NOLA if you’re craving some cajun, just head to downtown htx for your fix! Steel City Pops and Treebeards will be making appearances soooo sounds like a yum afternoon!
- Tacodeli just opened this past month and if you’re into breakfast tacos, maybe this is where you’ll be spending your Saturday morning! This Austin-based restaurant just opened on Washington and apparently more are on the way! Get to it first!
- If you’re hungry on Thursday for some Greek food, Niko Nikos is having a throwback thursday celebration in the way of throwing back pricing! Get a gyro for $2.50!
Where to Shop:
- The Ultimate Women’s Expo is going down at NRG Park this weekend from 10AM Saturday — 5PM Sunday. From spa treatments to shopping, they’ve got everything you could possibly want for a girl’s weekend. Might be craaaazy!
- 19th Street Third Thursdays is this week, and y’all have to go! These 19th street evenings are my favorite thing to do when the weather is right, especially since so many new restaurants are popping up all over the place! Shop the boutiques and get a drink from Harold’s tap room or Downhouse and then eat your heart out at one of the restaurants nearby (hello torchys, mellow mushroom, southern goods, cane rosso, etc).
Where to Party:
- Hello Summer Social is happening Thursday from 6 — 8PM! This is CultureMap’s happy hour series for young professionals. It’ll be held at Marq 31, and tickets are $20! With that ticket you get tunes, cocktails, the option to shop summer essentials from Stag, Baanou, and Kissue, and more! Should be a good time and all proceeds from tickets go to the Memorial Park Conservancy!
- Karbach Charity Pub Crawl starts at 2PM on Saturday and will have five stops, hitting up all the best in the white oak area! This pub crawl is benefitting a great firefighter organization, so if you’re into beer and charity… go to White Oak on Saturday.
- Cultured Cocktails with Miller Outdoor Theatre is happening at Bar Boheme on Thursday from 5 — 8PM. Happy hour drinks and 10% benefits Miller Outdoor Theatre! Perrrfect place to meet up with your friends and plan your weekend!
- Blanket Bingo is Thursday night from 6 — 9PM at Historic Market Square that’s benefitting the park and Buffalo Bayou! They want you to bring your blanket, lawn chairs or snag one of the tables at the park for a night of fun, music and great prizes! $10 admission (cash only) includes one bingo packet.
- Love Street Music Fest from 1 — 9PM at Karbach Brewing Co! A day filled with the sweet sounds of live music from local and national artists, and the cold refreshment of Karbach beers.
- Houston Press BrewFest will be the place to be this weekend! Hosted at Silver Street Station, this party goes from 3 — 7PM on Saturday, and will have craft beers, local food trucks and live music! Get your tickets here.
- A Fistful of Soul is back at Continental Club Friday from 10 — 2AM! It’s Houston’s premiere soul dance party, so if you’re ready to dance I know where you’ll be!
- The Martini — A Montrose Art Party is going to be Friday from 6 — 9PM! It’s going to be a casual, retro cocktail party featuring music by Flash Gordon Parks, delectable bites, and a cash bar with beer from Saint Arnold Brewing Company, and a special martini made with Deep Eddy Vodka.
- Whose Live Anyway is here in Houston on Friday at 8PM! It’s your fav Whose Line is it Anyway crew and they’ll be doing their thing at Cullen Performance Hall at UH!
Where to get Active:
- EastEnd Bike Ride: Paletas and Ice Cream Social. Well if the title doesn’t get you I don’t know what will. This bike ride is starting at 12PM on Sunday and will be hitting up some great places for paletas, snow cones, ice cream, cold drinks, and more. Perfect start to summer!
- Yoga on the Avenue is happening from 9 — 11AM at West Ave on Saturday morning. BYOM and get to flowin’, and then when you’re done you get some sips, snacks, and prizes!
- RIDE with Bo’s Buddies — this is a charity spin class on Saturday from 11:30 — 12:30PM benefitting Bo’s Buddies, a great organization that exists to enhance the lives of those who have experienced the death of a loved one. With your $40 donation you get a spin class, shoe rental, towel and stuffed buddy puppy.
- May Buffalo Bayou Brewery Run is takin’ off this weekend on Saturday from 11 — 3PM. It’s hosted by the Kung Fu Running Club and you can choose between a 3 mile and 5 mile run beginning and ending at the brewery! Definitely click the link for details on what to bring! The run itself is free, but to get into the brewery is $10!
Where to get Artsy:
- Trajectory of a Curve, Site-Specific Sound and Light is a new site-specific Sound & Light composition by Kurt Stallmann for “Twilight Epiphany,” the James Turrell Skyspace at Rice University. There will be two performances following the Twilight Epiphany Sunset sequence on Sunday and the following Monday (the 22nd). If you haven’t seen James Turrell’s Skyspace yet, you should go check it out for a relaxing evening!
- Extremely Shorts Film Festival 2017 is taking over Aurora Picture Show on Friday from 7 — 10:30PM. These extremely short (think 3 min long) films are from local, national, and international filmmakers and worth a watch.
- ZilkerBarking in Houston is a photo event taking place at Axelrad on Sunday from 12:30 — 2:30! Take your pup and get their picture taken for $25. All proceeds go to Houston Pets Alive!
- Movie Night at Levy Park is Thursday night at 7:15PM, and they’re showing Freaky Friday! This is a relaxing way to start off your weekend, so pack a picnic and sit on the lawn to watch this classic.
Enjoy the weekend my Houstonian friends and let me know if there’s something for next week that I need to know about in the comments! Hope you enjoyed your guide for Houston this weekend!