Helloooooo Houstonites! Time to figure out what you’re doing in Houston this weekend!! LOTS of food options for Memorial Day, and lots of bike rides! Check it out to see what you should do!
Where to Eat & Drink:
- This Sunday is National Burger Day! This list from Houstonia will show you all the yum places to get that burger!
- South Houston Crawfish Festival 2017 is goin’ down Saturday from noon — 10PM at the Hobby Event Center! If you get your tickets early, they’re offering two free beers, tons of live music options, food, and more!
- The Big Lebowski Party at Platypus Brewing is an all-day affair at Platypus Brewing on Washington, Saturday. They’re releasing a new Sour Ale and will be having a movie showing, costume contest, and more!
- Starting 8 AM on Saturday morning it’s Kolache Saturday at Revival Market! Go early before all the good ones go!
- Saint Arnold’s Brewing Company is having a Rogue One viewing on Thursday from 6 — 10PM! 10$ tickets that include a beer, and there will even be a costume contest at 7PM! Come one, come all Star Wars fans and celebrate 40 years of Star Wars!!
- D&T Drive In is having their four year anniversary this weekend and will be having food and drink specials to celebrate! To top it off they’ll be raffling off a whole case of mixed Saint Arnold Bishops Barrels!
- Beats BBQ Brews will be at Glitter Karaoke — so if you’re into BBQ, you know where you should be! Saturday from 12 — 4PM!
- A coffee and cocktails pop-up? Sounds good to me. Southside Espresso is hosting a fun “alternative” environment with adult beverages, great coffee, and live music on Sunday from 6 — 9PM!
- Southern Goods will be having a Luau on Sunday from 12 — 8PM, roasted pigs and all! Live music, cocktails, and food! Perf Sunday afternoon.
- Holler Funday Bash is the hap at Holler Brewing Co on Sunday! Food trucks and fun food concepts with some great beer to wash em’ down with!
Where to Shop:
- The Waugh Flea Market is Saturday from 2 — 8PM! No better way to spend your Saturday then sipping mimosas or bloody marys while gettin’ your shop on. Get out there and support local businesses, artists, and more!
- An Artisan Market will be taking place at The Phoenix on Westheimer on Sunday from 11 — 5PM and is the perf place to check out local artists, food vendors, and more.
- If you feel like online shopping, you can get some Glossier for 20% off if you shop with me HERE! See me try it for the first time + fall hard.
- Shop Local at Raven Tower on Saturday from 4 — 10PM! I love me some local artists and pop-up shops. Get there for some fun shopping & socializing!
Where to Celebrate:
- Houston Press Concert Series is Thursday starting at 6PM featuring Cory Morrow at Pub Fiction. The event is free, but 21+!
- From 7:30 — 11PM there will be a Saturday Social Dance at A 2nd Cup! There’s a beginner swing dance class starting right at 7:30 and then you can stay on the dance floor for the actual social! 5$ cover charge and A 2nd Cup is an awesome coffee shop that also functions as a non-profit that fights human trafficking through every sip of caffeine! Go support and dance!
- This Mongoose vs. Cobra showdown sounds like the best time if you’re into wrestling and indian food (or even if you’re not into wresting)! Two of Houston’s Doomsday Wrestlers (one repping Mongoose one repping Cobra) will be battling to determine who the overall winner is — and the winner gives the proceeds to the Houston Zoo! Win, win! For YOU, dear reader, they’re offering a one-time only menu that will feature special Indian street food along with heat thwarting beers and cocktails! SO GO! Party starts 2PM Sunday!
- The 4th annual Madness on Main Music Festival at WOMH & Raven Tower is going to be the real party this weekend with tons of live music (obvs), food, and artists errywhere! The art market will be from 4 — 10PM & will also be something to check out!
- Memorial Day Weekend Brunch at La Grange will be goin’ on all day from 10 AM until the party stops apparently. Stop by for mimosas until 3 and stay for the live music that won’t stop!
- FM Concert featuring Chapy Luna (of The Suffers) + Bombon will be at FM Kitchen and Bar on Friday starting at 6:30! Food, drinks, and music — you can’t go wrong! Right in the middle of Rice Military near Washington!
Where to get Active:
- Critical Mass – the monthly bike ride around Houston’s best streets is happening this weekend! Get out your funky activewear and boombox (or not) and get your blood pumpin’ with this fun, social ride.
- Karbach + Creek Brews Cruise this Saturday from 1 — 6PM! Pedal to all the creeks while gettin’ your Karbach on. Lots of bike rides this weekend, and the weather will be great!
- Bebidas Saturday Sweat is this Saturday at 9AM! Partnering with BIG Power Yoga (one of my favs) and benefitting Expedition Balance, you can get your yoga on and start the memorial weekend right (and sweaty)!
- Memorial Weekend Singles Ride is Sunday from 6:30 — 9:30PM! Drink specials at all the stops for the ladiesssss, so get your friends (single or not) and get to Historic Market Square!
- Karbach Yoga + Hops will be Sunday morning from 11 — 2PM. If you’re military & bring your ID it’s complimentary! Otherwise a ticket gets you yoga + a beer!
- Midtown in Motion is a cool fitness concept happening on Saturday, starting with a HIIT routine at 9:30 and a Yoga flow class following it at 10:30. This is a free event & for everyone!
Where to get Artsy:
- Ancient Cat Society is having an album release party this Saturday with Say Girl Say at 7PM at the Heights theatre! Should be fun especially if you’re into local music!
- Plusfest is this weekend from 4PM on Saturday until …whenever it ends! This event “celebrates raw, innovative, and high-caliber artistic experience and will highlight spoken-word poetry”. So if you’re looking for an artsy way to do your weekend — this is it!
- Rocky Horror Prom Night is this Saturday night at 11:59! River Oaks Theatre does a fun Rocky Horror Show every once in a while and this time it’s prommmm themed! Put on your dress or suit & get to the theatahhh!
- Thursday night at 7PM, Nathan Hill will be at Brazos Bookstore discussing his book that you’ve prob seen errrrywhere — The Nix!
Have fun in Houston this weekend, friends!