It’s Houston fourth of July weekend! Get ready because we have SO many options for you this weekend. Promise it won’t be a boring one. Also, it’s a great weekend to watch some movies — SO great, in fact, that I added in a lil’ category at the bottom there. Scroll all the way down for your special Houston fourth of July options. Get plannin’, Houston!
Where to Shop:
- Summer Series Art Stroll & Sale will be on Friday from 5 — 9PM at the Sawyer Yards! Join and enjoy live music, food trucks and summer cocktails for the perfect evening!
- Manready Mercantile and Side Project Skateboards are having a Pop-Up Shop at MM on Saturday from 10 — 7PM! There will be special pricing and new products!
- The Summer Street Arts Festival will be on Sunday from 12 — 10PM! Admission is free and there will be performances, drinks, shopping, and more!
- This weekend is the first Saturday Arts Market night in the heights! Y’all know this is one of my favorite things and I love reppin’ the heights! Starts at 6PM & a great way to spend your Saturday night with friends by eating, shopping, and having some drinks!
- Raven Tower is having a Shop Local event from 4 — 10PM on Saturday! It’ll be a great local art, vintage & designer market with music, food, drinks & good vibes!
- Did y’all know we have a Houston Bicycle Museum? They’re having a market on Saturday from 10 — 4PM with arts, crafts, jewelry and more!
Where to Eat:
- Levy Park is hosting a pop-up restaurant Friday through Sunday for it’s Celebrate Independence with Love event! Celebrity chef, Tim Love, will be cookin’ up a storm!
- Holler Brewing Co. is having an Appy Hour featuring Henderson Heights bites on Thursday starting at 4PM! Try & get there early because it lasts as long as the food does!
- There’s going to be a BBQ eating contest at Beavers on the 4th of July starting at 3:30PM! Registration is $23, and I believe if you enter you have to eat in a steel barred cage.
- The new King’s Biergarten in the heights/timbergrove area is having a kolache pop up this Saturday starting at 8 and going through noon! There should be some unique ones in there, so get yo kolaches!
- Liberty Kitchen in Garden Oaks is having a Life, Liberty, Happiness Cookout on Saturday from 2 — 6PM! Get you some complimentary hot dogs, burgers, live music and beer garden specials!
- It’s National Hot Dog Month so you know Good Dog is going to be celebrating! On Saturday from 2 — 8PM they’ll be celebrating with No Label Brewing Co. and showcasing a 4-Tap Takeover along with our new Texas Bratwurst we’re debuting in July.
- The Heights Epicurean Farmer’s Market is taking place this Saturday starting at 8:30AM! The local farmers will be showcasing everything from dog biscuits to infused vinegars, locally-roasted coffee, bakery goods, chocolates, and more!
- LA Grange is putting on free taco Tuesday on the 4th! With every drink purchased, you get a free taco! Sounds like a deal to meeee!
- Town in City Brewing Co is having a First Of JuLuau event on Saturday from 6 — 11PM! Go celebrate the first of July with brews, Hawaiian plates & smoked meats while Hot Rod Pops will be slingin’ exotic frozen treats! There’s also going to be live music & more!
- If you’re looking for beer AND coffee, I have the event for you! Java Pura + Saint Arnold Pub night will be Friday night from 5 — 10PM! Executive Chef Ryan Savoie will also make delicious donuts because of course you need donuts with coffee (beer.)
- Eureka Heights, one of the height’s newest breweries, is having a Local Brews, Local Grooves, Craft Beer & Music Fest event on Saturday from 3 — 10PM on Saturday! This is ticketed, but includes 20 local craft breweries, over 50 beers and rare releases, 13 local bands, brew-inspired pub food pairings and more!
Guys this is so short & random, but I want to talk about it. I love eyebrows — they’re my favorite thing to do on my face. Weird phrasing, but you get the idea. If I’m leaving the house there’s a 95% chance that my eyebrows are brushed, tweaked, filled and ready to go. I’ve recently been trying to “grow them out”. I’m not exactly sure what I mean by that because my brow hairs are always long, wiry, and ready to be trimmed. But I decided to see what happened if I just let them loose!
This is still a work in progress and not plucking the strays at the bottom has been oddly freeing. Am I the only one in the world whose kind of into the bushy eyebrow? No, probably not. But I probably am the only one whose not plucking at ALL. It’s the best. Goes perfectly with the minimal makeup routine I’ve been doing lately.
Anyways, back to my weird beauty tip. A while back I was brushing out my brows, as you do, and was frustrated because they were looking so flat & unoriginal. Dumb brows, get it together. So I brushed them backwards. You know how when you want crazy 80s volume in your hair & you backcomb it and then get a little terrified that your hair can possibly look that way? That’s what I did to my brows, but it was amazing! I brushed them backwards and then upwards with my brush, and then ran them through with my boy brow from Glossier in blonde (get 20% off here). They end up looking full, natural, and very bushy chic. I’m super into it.
Have any tips for your brows? Let me know, I’m always down for some insider beauty knowledge. 😉 Hope you enjoyed this eyebrow trick, and follow me on instagram & facebook for more!
Welcome back to Houston this weekend! Get your fix of fun things to do this Pride weekend, from trunk shows to yoga on rooftops!
Where to Shop:
- Waugh Flea market is back in Houston this weekend from 2 — 8PM Saturday! Drink specials all afternoon on Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas.
- Raven Tower is having a Shop Local event on Saturday from 4 — 10PM. This should be an awesome event with live music, food, shopping and more. Gonna be there!
- Insomnia is having a grand re-opening and market on Sunday from 6 — 10PM. This event will showcase Houston artists, local businesses, and makers. It’s also free and your dogs can attend!
- Guys, New balance is having a tent sale this weekend! It’s a storewide sale and everything will be marked down! I’mma be there. 😀
- There will be a trunk show at Launch HTX featuring GooseWorks and Anvil Cards! This will start at 2:30 on Saturday and end around 6PM. There will be live music and drinks!
Where to Eat:
- Anvil is launching their new summer menu this Saturday! One of Houston’s most classic bars— get out and enjoy some awesome summer drinks & eats.
- Eight Row Flint is having a cool tacos + whiskey event on Sunday from 12 — 3PM! Tickets are $50 but you’ll get Doug Ward of WhistlePig to walk you through some great barrels of rye, Aaron Inkrott of St. Arnold will be there to pair the whiskey with Pub Crawl, Art Car IPA, and the new BB18 from his barrel program, aged in WhistlePig barrels & lots of tacos from Eight Row’s Bryan Davis!
- Rice Village is pulling out all the stops this summer! Every Thursday night they’ll be having tunes and games and more! You can go over to Hopdoddy Burger Bar for complimentary craft brews & bites from 5 — 8PM!
- Public Services Wine+Whiskey is having a pop up of dessert and cheese pairings with some special beverages on Sunday from 2 — 5PM! Common Bond, Dairymaids Cheese, AND Public Services drinks? Def a foodie way to spend your Sunday afternoon.
- Eleanora’s Market is back this Saturday starting at 9AM with local produce and more. There will also be some pups who need to be adopted, so if you’re looking, this may be the place to go!