Got your guide for what to do in Houston this weekend, don’t you worry. Get lots of shopping done at all the cool markets going on this weekend — not to mention you need to grab a father’s day prez!
Where to Shop:
- Pop Shop Houston Summer Festival will be all weekend at Silver Street Studios! Definitely going to go to this — great place to hang with friends, buy gifts, hit up a beauty bar, and more!
- The Market at Sawyer Yards at Night will be the place to be Saturday night from 6 — 10PM! Drinks, live music, local artists and more. It’s never a bad time at the Sawyer Yards.
- Midtown Father’s Day Market will be at Bagby Park on Friday from 11 — 7PM! Look for the blue tents and the crazy amount of ties! Great way to start the weekend & get something good for yo fav guy!
- Second Saturday at Spring Street Studios will be the place to be in Houston this weekend on Saturday afternoon (especially if it’s raining). Check out the local artists in their studios and maybe buy some pieces for yoself! This is free so bring ya friends and then head to the Sawyer Yards after. 😉
- The UH Graphic Design program is having a print sale Saturday at Jimmy Chew’s from 5 — 9PM so get out and support UH students and their awesome prints. Literally half of my living room wall is covered in em’, so you know this is a good event cuz I keep goin’ back.
- The first run of the Ham Art Market will be Saturday from 12 — 6PM at the Harrisburg Art Museum. Check out the biggest Houston mural in existence and tons of local artists, vendors, and food!!
Where to Eat & Drink:
- The 23rd anniversary special rare cellar tasting at Saint Arnold’s Brewery will be a fun time on Sunday from 2 — 4:30PM. According to their event page – you’ll be able to sample a wide range of one of a kind selections and aged beauties we’ve pulled from deep within the belly of the brewery. Tickets are 60 bucks, but you get some fun stuff included!
- Texas’ First Annual Poke Showdown will be at Bar Bleu Sunday from 6 — 10PM. Try Houston’s best poke all in one place and decide the winner of HTX for yourself! This IS a ticketed event, so get yourself one soon!
- Beats BBQ Brews is back at Axelrad Saturday from 12 — 4PM! 31 beers on tap, good music, and barbecuuuue!
- Town in City Brewing Co. Adoption event will be this Saturday from 3 — 7PM! Puppies & beer, what more could you ask for? If you’re not looking to adopt a dog, at least go show em some love & have a beer. Maybe spread their cute faces on social media so that someone else will fall in love with their furry faces.
Where to Celebrate:
- Urban Green’s Havana Nights will be at Hermann Park on Thursday from 7 — 1oPM! This is ticketed (you get some food, drinks, and more) and proceeds go to the Hermann Park Conservancy! Should be a fun Cuban themed event!
- Second Sunday at Baldwin Park in Midtown will be on Sunday from 2 — 4PM with food trucks, music, and more. This event is free but make sure to get their early/on time because seating is limited!
- Prom Night at Continental Club with Disco Expressions sounds like the funnnnnest Saturday night. Prom attire is REQUIRED so you know it’s going to be the best time.
- Live at Lunch in Bagby park will be Saturday from 12:30 — 2PM! There will be a band and food at Rico’s Morning Noon Night.
- Axelrad is hosting the San Diego Beach Party this Sunday starting at 3PM! Sand castle competitions, giveaways, live music, food, and more! Perf way to end your weekend.
- Down the Street, one of my favorite bars (we go every week ha) is having Bingo Night on Thursday from 7 — 10PM! There will be prizes involved if you need any extra sway to go!
Where to get Active:
- June Buffalo Bayou Run is BACK with the Kung Fu Running Club. You can do a 3 mi or 5 mi run and it ends at the brewery! Saturday from 11 — 3PM!
- We have two Yoga & Hops events in Houston this weekend! 8th Wonder’s Y&H event is from 10 — 1PM on Saturday, and the Karbach Y&H event is Sunday from 11 — 2PM! So you can do both if you’re feeling very active, or maybe just like beer.
- Yoga with cats is BACK Saturday at 12:30! Get to the El Gato Coffeehouse and do some downward dog (or cat pose) with some cute kittens!
Where to get Artsy:
- The MFAH is coming back with a new art exhibit to rival Kusama — Pipilotti Rist: Pixel Forest and Worry Will Vanish. I cannot wait to check out this installation because it looks so instagram worthy, but also incredibly relaxing!
- Houston Honey Film Series is hosting The Unbelievable Truth (1989) on Sunday from 8 — 10:30PM! This is the first screening of the summer and if you want to attend, it’s BYOB & food!
- The Houston Pancakes & Booze Art Show is kickin’ off on Friday from 8 — 2AM at Warehouse Live! Free pancakes, 120 local artists, music, and more!
Have the best time in Houston this weekend, friends! Where will you find me? Def at the PopShop market (prob while wearing this hat) and hopefully will get to go to the MFAH to see Pixel Forest! eeeee art!