Happy weekend, everyone! Hope you have your father’s day presents ready to whip out on Sunday. If you’re still looking, there are lots of places you can take your dad instead down below! Enjoy Houston this weekend!
Where to Shop:
- Third Thursdays on 19th street are back from 5 — 9PM for an evening of craft brews from local breweries, 19th Street shops, eats, and fun in the Heights.
- Sunset at Discovery Green Flea is this Saturday from 6 — 10PM! Flea markets are the best, and even better when you’re wandering the best park in downtown htx!
- Fashion Farmers Pop Up Shop will be Saturday from 11 — 7PM and includes local fashion designers who create authentic and unique pieces of clothing and accessories for women and men. Should be a good time!
- Axelrad is having a pop-up market on Sunday from 2 — 8PM featuring local Houston Artists, Designers, Vintage Curators, Musicians & Foodies.
Where to Eat:
- BBQ, Beer, and Bingo will be at the Houston Arboretum from 6:30 — 8:30PM on Saturday! Saint Arnold’s beer & Katz’s coffee will be provided. It’s BYOB — bring your own baubers, so don’t leave em’ at home! They’ll be sold there for $3. Tickets are $20 if you’re a member, $35 if not.
- Summer Patio Pawty at Good Dog (montrose location) will be goin’ down on Saturday from 12 — 4PM. Friends for Life (a great houston no-kill shelter) and Karbach will be there and a portion of all Karbach proceeds will go to FFL! So bring your pups or go an adopt one and donate! There will be popsicles, hot dogs, real dogs, and more. 😉
- There’s going to be a Food Truck Festival in the heights this weekend from 11 — 5PM on Saturday! Live music, covered seating, and all the best food trucks around!
Where to Party:
- Blanket Bingo at Market Square Park is this Thursday starting at 6PM! Always a good time and hopefully it won’t be too steamy in the evening!
- Cultured Cocktails at Boheme is back again this time 10% of proceeds are going to FWisBlooming and you’ll helping upcycle water bottles into art for the neighborhood! 5 — 8PM on Thursday!
- The Eastside is having another fun celebration in houston this weekend on Saturday from 12 — 10PM! Get out there for the Beach Party on the E to shop local artisans’ work, eat some cold ice cream, listen to live music, and more!
- A White Linen Soiree on the Lawn is taking place Saturday from 6 — 9PM at GreenStreet! It’s a social mixer & concert and the food looks amaaaazing! From the horse’s mouth — “Don your best white garb and come prepared for red carpet photos, summer cocktails, gourmet cuisine, and live music!”
- World Refugee Day is on Saturday and the celebration will be at Levy park from 4 — 7PM! There will be a market, entertainment, food, and more!
- This one’s for your pup friends — the BarkHappy Houston Pub Crawl benefitting Adore Houston is this Saturday from 12 — 3PM! There will be two dog-friendly stops, along with dog photographers, pupsicles, and more.
- Y’all. It’s here. The Midtown Romper Pub Crawl will be Saturday from 3 — 9PM. Get a free koozie, cup, and wristband and wear yo rompers!!
- If you want another bar crawl, the 90s bar crawl will also be Saturday from 2 — 10PM. Apparently this is the nation’s largest 90s event!
- Sonoma Wine Bar is having a Paws for Wine event with proceeds going to benefit SNAP (a spay & neuter program). This is Saturday from 3 — 6PM!
- Continental Club’s Fistful of Soul is back again on Saturday from 10 — 2AM! Houston’s premiere soul dance party, hosted by a trio of all-vinyl deejays: Stewart Anderson, Joe Ross, and Alex La Rotta.
- Emancipation Park, Houston’s oldest park, is having a Grand Opening event all weekend! The plans for it look awesome, so can’t wait to see what it looks like!
Where to get Active:
- #SuperSwanSaturdays is an awesome way to take your yoga practice to the next level. The BlackSwan Yoga class this saturday at 5:30PM is about smart sequencing for your body. Free for members and $20 for drop-ins!
- RacePace is having a social run on Thursday at Holler Brewing Co from 6:30 — 8:30! There will also be a pop-up wood fired pizza maker to pair with those post-run brews!
- Karbach’s Yoga & Hops is back Sunday from 11 — 2PM! Beer + yoga, what else could you want? Unless you’re me and you like wine. K.
- There’s going to be a Corn Hole Tourney at Sports Creek on Sunday from 1 — 4PM! $30 per team and burgers are free! Best part are the free shirts (IF you win!).
- Hot Undies Run is this weekend on Saturday from 11 — 3PM! 2mi run with proceeds benefitting Girls on the Run Greater Houston and BON Running Club. Registration is $35.00. Music, raffle, and more!
- Stand up paddleboarding will be at 288 Lakes and there are lessons on Sunday from 2 — 5PM! You don’t have to take a lesson, and they also have kayaks! Great summer activity & a full body workout! 😉
- Free outdoor yoga class at The Square at Memorial City from 9 — 11AM on Saturday morning! Who doesn’t love a free yoga class? Especially one with a DJ!
Where to get Artsy:
- Ever want to watch Jurassic Park with live symphony music? Now you can! Experience one of the most thrilling scifi adventures ever made, projected in HD with your Houston Symphony performing John Williams’ magnificent score live. Totally want to go to this.
- Main Street Square is showing ET on Saturday at 8PM. Def an event to phone home about. ha ha.
- The Dope Art Show is Sunday from 6 — 10PM at WOMH! Singers, poets, painters, and more, and they’re all d o p e. This show sounds like an awesome time, and proceeds go to artists who deserve it!
- MATCH is showcasing A Nice Indian Boy Sunday at 6PM! This comedy got rave reviews & looks like a fun way to spend the end of your weekend!
- NoHate Art Show will be Saturday from 5 — 9PM at The Hardy and Nance Studios. The goal is to present an art show supporting tolerance and love by including creations inspired by, but not limited to, Pride Week, Equality, Anti-bullying, Acceptance & more.
- Freaky Friday is playing at Alley theatre though July 2nd! Love this story, so def going to try and make it out to this!
- Demetri Martin will be at the Heights Theatre Friday at 8:30. If you’re looking to jump start the weekend with some comedy, this is where you need to be. The Heights Theatre is pretty new, too, so worth checking out!
- The Literally Short Film Festival kicks off this week and goes through the end of the weekend and is hosted by Literal Magazine! Should be a fun scene if you’re into short films!
For Father’s Day:
We’ve got your father’s day events rounded up!
- Dad’s Day 5K is Saturday at 7:30AM! Race your dad for a 1, 3 or 5K!
- Free walk-in yoga classes for dads on Sunday at all 3 Revolution Studios in HTX! I may have to take my dad to one of these. 🙂
- Brenner’s on the Bayou is having a Father’s Day Cookout on Sunday from 3 — 8PM. Live music, steak specials, $5 Stellas and more!
- Revival Market is having a Father’s Day Pig Roast Sunday from 2 — 6PM. $25 gets you a serving + 3 sides, dessert & a drink wristband.
- Father’s Day at Platypus Brewing because where else would you go with your dad?? Love this place and a great vibe for you, your fam, and daddio.
- Father’s Day at the brewery will be at Under the Radar Brewery Sunday from 12 — 8PM. Father’s day packages are on sale for $35 and include some good stuff!
- Burgers & Beer for Dad at Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar! All day deals! Great restaurant and the hush puppies… yum.
- Southern Goods will be having a Father’s Day BBQ from 11 — 3PM. Their menu is highlighting some yummy bbq items along with cocktail specials!