Welcome back to Houston this weekend! Get your fix of fun things to do this Pride weekend, from trunk shows to yoga on rooftops!
Where to Shop:
- Waugh Flea market is back in Houston this weekend from 2 — 8PM Saturday! Drink specials all afternoon on Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas.
- Raven Tower is having a Shop Local event on Saturday from 4 — 10PM. This should be an awesome event with live music, food, shopping and more. Gonna be there!
- Insomnia is having a grand re-opening and market on Sunday from 6 — 10PM. This event will showcase Houston artists, local businesses, and makers. It’s also free and your dogs can attend!
- Guys, New balance is having a tent sale this weekend! It’s a storewide sale and everything will be marked down! I’mma be there. 😀
- There will be a trunk show at Launch HTX featuring GooseWorks and Anvil Cards! This will start at 2:30 on Saturday and end around 6PM. There will be live music and drinks!
Where to Eat:
- Anvil is launching their new summer menu this Saturday! One of Houston’s most classic bars— get out and enjoy some awesome summer drinks & eats.
- Eight Row Flint is having a cool tacos + whiskey event on Sunday from 12 — 3PM! Tickets are $50 but you’ll get Doug Ward of WhistlePig to walk you through some great barrels of rye, Aaron Inkrott of St. Arnold will be there to pair the whiskey with Pub Crawl, Art Car IPA, and the new BB18 from his barrel program, aged in WhistlePig barrels & lots of tacos from Eight Row’s Bryan Davis!
- Rice Village is pulling out all the stops this summer! Every Thursday night they’ll be having tunes and games and more! You can go over to Hopdoddy Burger Bar for complimentary craft brews & bites from 5 — 8PM!
- Public Services Wine+Whiskey is having a pop up of dessert and cheese pairings with some special beverages on Sunday from 2 — 5PM! Common Bond, Dairymaids Cheese, AND Public Services drinks? Def a foodie way to spend your Sunday afternoon.
- Eleanora’s Market is back this Saturday starting at 9AM with local produce and more. There will also be some pups who need to be adopted, so if you’re looking, this may be the place to go!
Where to Party:
- Houston Pride is this weekend! The Downtown Pride Pub Crawl will be taking place starting at 3PM & is going to be hitting up a bunch of my fav places — The Conservatory, Batanga, Bovine & Barley, and more!
- Eureka Heights is having a Loteria friday at 7PM! Loteria is similar to bingo and should be a great time! Enjoy the brews & Mexican candy!
- The Houston Pride Celebration is going to be pretty much all day Saturday starting at noon & going until 11PM at City Hall downtown!
- Pride Parade Afterparty will be held at Axelrad from 6 — 2AM Saturday! Tons of live music and if you wear pride attire, there will be 10% off at the bar!
- 4th Tap Houston Launch party will be at The Conservatory Thursday night at 7PM! Go help 4th Tap launch out of Austin into our fav city. They’ll be having a lot of great beers on tap & are bringing a surprise guest chef to prepare some delicious pairings!
- The 7th annual Rainbow on the Green will be Friday night from 7 — 10PM! No tickets, just fun. Performers, drinks, and more! Should be an amazing way to kick off your Pride weekend!
- Mixers and Elixers is also Friday from 7 — 10PM at the HMNS! These are always a good time — dancing, drinks, great music. Food trucks will be outside. Make sure to bring cash!
- Brews n Babes is being hosted by @HTXbossbabes at 8th Wonder Brewery from 11 — 3PM on Friday. If you’re looking to meet some cool locals who love bein’ bosses in this city, this is your scene.
- Last Concert Cafe is hosting a 90’s theme party Saturday night starting at 9PM! $5 at the door and 90s attire recommended!
- The Rec Room is turning 1 on Sunday and celebrating from 5 — 8PM with a little happy hour shindig! Music & bites to celebrate this cool social club.
Where to get Active:
- Hold my beer Self Defense will be at Eureka Heights Brew Co. Sunday from 12 — 1PM! This class is benefitting United Against Human Trafficking and there is a suggested $5 donation to the cause.
- Get your flow on with Paloma Nails this Sunday at 9 AM! There will be a complimentary power flow AND 10% off services for yogis for same day services (also there’ll be fresh juice)! Sign up here!
- Sports Creek is hosting a Slip & Slide Kickball tournament on Saturday from 1:30 — 3PM. If your team wins you all get shirts! Perfect way to spend a hot, Houston summer day!
- Yoga & Hops is turning 3 at Karbach on Sunday! Yoga is from 11 — 12PM and there will be surprises and giveaways! Grab a beer and do that cat & cow pose, y’all.
- Ever wanted to do yoga on the roof? Now you can at Windsor at West University from 7:30 — 9:30PM on Saturday night! $20 general admission & don’t forget your yoga mat! Enjoy that Texas night sky!
- Down House is having their first run club this weekend on Sunday starting at 8:15AM. It’ll be a 3 mile run followed by complimentary Sam’s Daily from Buffalo Bayou for everyone who finishes!
Where to get Artsy:
- The UH Graphic Design program is having three print sales this weekend. These are awesome so def try and hit one up if you’re looking for some art. I currently have three UH graphic design prints on my living room wall and could do more if I wasn’t running out of space! 1) Saint Arnolds Friday night from 5 — 10PM 2) Top Vintage Saturday from 12 — 6PM and 3) Insomnia’s grand opening on Sunday from 6 — 10PM!
- The Cat Art Show is this weekend hosted by the Texas Art Asylum. Show dates are Saturday, June 24th from 4-9pm, and Sunday, June 25th from 1-5pm. This event should be purrrrfect.
- Miller Outdoor Theatre is hosting ExxonMobil Summer Symphony Nights – Beethoven’s Eroica this Friday at 8:30PM! Bring a blanket and curl up on the lawn for the music that sparked a revolution!
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – Pride Edition will be on Saturday at midnight! Wear your pride and celebrate with the most fun, cultish experience at River Oaks Theatre!
- Indiana Jones will be playing at The Square at Memorial City on Thursday night from 7 — 9PM! Complimentary popcorn will be provided, and chairs and blankets are welcome!