It’s Houston fourth of July weekend! Get ready because we have SO many options for you this weekend. Promise it won’t be a boring one. Also, it’s a great weekend to watch some movies — SO great, in fact, that I added in a lil’ category at the bottom there. Scroll all the way down for your special Houston fourth of July options. Get plannin’, Houston!
Where to Shop:
- Summer Series Art Stroll & Sale will be on Friday from 5 — 9PM at the Sawyer Yards! Join and enjoy live music, food trucks and summer cocktails for the perfect evening!
- Manready Mercantile and Side Project Skateboards are having a Pop-Up Shop at MM on Saturday from 10 — 7PM! There will be special pricing and new products!
- The Summer Street Arts Festival will be on Sunday from 12 — 10PM! Admission is free and there will be performances, drinks, shopping, and more!
- This weekend is the first Saturday Arts Market night in the heights! Y’all know this is one of my favorite things and I love reppin’ the heights! Starts at 6PM & a great way to spend your Saturday night with friends by eating, shopping, and having some drinks!
- Raven Tower is having a Shop Local event from 4 — 10PM on Saturday! It’ll be a great local art, vintage & designer market with music, food, drinks & good vibes!
- Did y’all know we have a Houston Bicycle Museum? They’re having a market on Saturday from 10 — 4PM with arts, crafts, jewelry and more!
Where to Eat:
- Levy Park is hosting a pop-up restaurant Friday through Sunday for it’s Celebrate Independence with Love event! Celebrity chef, Tim Love, will be cookin’ up a storm!
- Holler Brewing Co. is having an Appy Hour featuring Henderson Heights bites on Thursday starting at 4PM! Try & get there early because it lasts as long as the food does!
- There’s going to be a BBQ eating contest at Beavers on the 4th of July starting at 3:30PM! Registration is $23, and I believe if you enter you have to eat in a steel barred cage.
- The new King’s Biergarten in the heights/timbergrove area is having a kolache pop up this Saturday starting at 8 and going through noon! There should be some unique ones in there, so get yo kolaches!
- Liberty Kitchen in Garden Oaks is having a Life, Liberty, Happiness Cookout on Saturday from 2 — 6PM! Get you some complimentary hot dogs, burgers, live music and beer garden specials!
- It’s National Hot Dog Month so you know Good Dog is going to be celebrating! On Saturday from 2 — 8PM they’ll be celebrating with No Label Brewing Co. and showcasing a 4-Tap Takeover along with our new Texas Bratwurst we’re debuting in July.
- The Heights Epicurean Farmer’s Market is taking place this Saturday starting at 8:30AM! The local farmers will be showcasing everything from dog biscuits to infused vinegars, locally-roasted coffee, bakery goods, chocolates, and more!
- LA Grange is putting on free taco Tuesday on the 4th! With every drink purchased, you get a free taco! Sounds like a deal to meeee!
- Town in City Brewing Co is having a First Of JuLuau event on Saturday from 6 — 11PM! Go celebrate the first of July with brews, Hawaiian plates & smoked meats while Hot Rod Pops will be slingin’ exotic frozen treats! There’s also going to be live music & more!
- If you’re looking for beer AND coffee, I have the event for you! Java Pura + Saint Arnold Pub night will be Friday night from 5 — 10PM! Executive Chef Ryan Savoie will also make delicious donuts because of course you need donuts with coffee (beer.)
- Eureka Heights, one of the height’s newest breweries, is having a Local Brews, Local Grooves, Craft Beer & Music Fest event on Saturday from 3 — 10PM on Saturday! This is ticketed, but includes 20 local craft breweries, over 50 beers and rare releases, 13 local bands, brew-inspired pub food pairings and more!
Where to Party:
- Thursday night at Revolver will be Girls Night Out: Sundress Edition! There will be margarita and sangria specials along with a selected cocktail in which $1 per drink purchased is donated to a selected Charity each month.
- Irish Cowboy & Buffalo Brewing Co. are having a watermelon eating contest on Thursday from 6 — 9PM! Whoever eats the most melons will get a gift basket!
- Avant Garden is hosting Kendrick vs. Gambino: Stay Humble on Friday from 10 — 2AM! Go & enjoy local Houston DJs “paying homage to two of the most creative and influential hip-hop artists of our time, Kendrick Lamar and Childish Gambino, as well as local Houston artists selling their art, jewelry and clothing!”
- The Village People are coming to Miller Outdoor Theatre on Monday night, starting at 8:30 PM! This would be a blast to go to and dance on the lawn!
- The Houston Zoo is bringing back Cool Nights every Friday through August 11th! Get in with normal zoo admission and enjoy seeing the animals in the cooler evenings, along with entertainment, food and more!
- Irish Cowboy is having Sunday Funday – Made in America edition this weekend! Starting at 11AM there will be a live DJ, $3 Frose & $5 Frozen Lemonades and $3 Hot Dogs & $5 Burgers!
- I literally just drove by Nettbar the other day and just found it’s brand new! They’re having Bloody Mary Sundays starting at noon on Sunday, and will be teaming up with Fusion Taco!
- Sunday from 7 — 10PM is bingo night at D&T Drive Inn, one of my fav bars in east heights! 8th Wonder Brewing is also hosting, so go check out the prizes, bragging rights, and beer specials all night long!
Where to get Active:
- RacePace, my favorite new workout in Houston, is hosting their Thursday Social Run from 6:30 — 9:30. It starts and ends at Holler Brewing Co.! Should be a good workout & a good time afterwards!
- Black Swan Sundays at Raven Tower is back this weekend from 10 — 11AM! Free yoga class rain or shine! Just bring mat, water, and your friends!
- Critical Mass is this Friday, so get your bikes ready! This is a huge bike ride that anyone can join and it starts at 6:30 – 7PM at the Historical Market Square Park at 301 Milam in downtown!
- The Down House Run Club is now a THING every Sunday at 8:15AM! Meet & end at Down House for a three mile run!
- Always have to throw in a good free yoga class and there’s one this Saturday morning at 8AM in Hermann Park! Hosted by Namitzi Yoga!
- Nettbar is having community yoga on Sunday from 11 — 12PM! Great way to check out this new bar off Shepherd & Washington, and get your flow on!
- Yoga & Hops is having a Red, White, & Brews event at Karbach on Sunday from 11 — 12PM! You know the drill, yoga & then beer afterwards!
Where to get Artsy:
- This is a mix of drinks & art – but Rec Room is hosting Thirsty Thursdays with the bar opening at 5PM on Thursday and a reading of Fea and Pacencia at 7PM! The play depicts young people of color navigating college, family, mental health issues – totally looking forward to this!
- Enjoy your Friday night at Miller Outdoor Theatre with their ExxonMobil Summer Symphony Nights featuring Tchaikovsky & Mendelssohn! Starts at 8:30PM!
- Watch Circo Avenida — an acrobatic performance for free on the Wharf of Avenida in downtown!
- CAMH is having another Open Studio this Saturday from 2— 4PM! Use patterned paper and colorful masking tape to make large-scale drawings directly on the walls with inspiration from Lily Van Der Stokker!
Watch some Movies:
- Go watch Ferris Bueller’s Day Off at The Square in Memorial City on Thursday, starting at 7PM!
- Brazos Bookstore is hosting a screening of Mansfield Park at Rice Cinema on Thursday at 7PM! Great for all the Jane Austen fans.
- The Sandlot is playing at Axelrad on Monday night at 8PM! Bring your friends, grab some pizza and a drink & enjoy this cult classic.
- Hotel Derek is having their Float & Flick event where you can chill in their pool and enjoy watching Footloose! Perf beginning to your 4th of July weekend!
What to do this Houston FOURTH OF JULY weekend:
- The 2017 Independence Day 8k 5K/10K run will be held Saturday, July 1, 2017 at Meyerland Plaza! They’re running rain or shine so go get your workout on so you can enjoy the rest of the weekend!
- The Square at Memorial City is having a Fourth of July Snow & Ice Celebration on the 4th starting at 5PM! “Escape the heat playing in 20,000 LBS of SNOW. Enjoy Frozen Treats & Patriotic Eats and endless fun for everyone!”
- CityCentre is having a grand Houston fourth of July weekend! Bands each night starting Saturday night! On Tuesday night there will be a band and then 15 minutes of fireworks!
- Karbach will be having live music events Friday — Monday in their biergarten!
- Central Market is having a PATRIOTIC PATIO PARTY, where you can learn how to make an amazing meal on the 4th and then enjoy it too! Starts at 6:30PM!
- We’re back with Miller Outdoor Theatre’s ExxonMobil Summer Symphony Nights: A Star-Spangled Salute! This will be on the 4th starting at 8:30PM!
- And for the BIG FINALE! The Houston fourth of July Freedom Over Texas celebration on Buffalo Bayou will start at 4PM on Tuesday and goes until 10PM! DNCE will be performing & don’t forget to get your ticket! Will be amazing fireworks show!
- Under the Radar Brewery is having a 4th of July weekend! Grab a brew & enjoy some board and lawn games in the beer garden.
- FM Kitchen off Shepherd & Washington is having an FM Over Texas event on the 4th starting at 11AM! There will be drink specials, live entertainment and more!
HAPPY HOUSTON FOURTH OF JULY! Enjoy your weekend, Houstonites and have an amazing holiday weekend!