Hi, Houston friends! We’re back with what you should be doing in Houston this weekend!
Get ready because a LOT of it is going to be White Linen Night focused. So many local businesses and restaurants are going all out, so definitely go and enjoy them! There’s enough space for all of us (hopefully), so make your way down the list to plan your Houston weekend!
- First Saturday art market in the heights is this weekend — but it’s moonlighting as White Linen Night, so scroll down & see ALL the activities for WLN below. Hint: there are a LOT of them. But also, make sure to check out Emerson Rose, PopShop, Manready Mercantile, The Lift, & all the houston heights boutiques that are going above and beyond for WLN!
- Houston Restaurant Week has STARTED! Check out where to eat here.
- King’s Bierhaus is not only brand new, but also already involved in local initiatives. Join them Thursday evening to support the Animal Justice League. 20% of all sales will benefit the AJL!
- Have y’all been to Juice Girl on 19th street in the heights? Well they’re opening up a vegan ice cream shop on 19th street called Over the Moon, right across the hall from their juice shop. We need to try this out & hopefully it’s amazing!
- Sunday is National Root Beer Float Day, so Saint Arnolds Brewery is partnering with Fat Cat Creamery to offer you & the fam root beer floats starting at noon! Admission is free & the ice cream (and beer) will be delicious!
Lots more to eat if you scroll down to White Linen Night!
- Thursday is National IPA Day, so there will be lots of beer-y fun celebrations (was that a good pun? maybe not) going on! Starting at Around the Corner, they’ll be featuring 512 Brewery & giving out free glasses! The Conservatory is partnering up with Saint Arnold’s Brewery for 5 different variants of Art Car (starts at 5PM)!
- Friday night there will be live music again at The Dunlavy starting at 5:30PM! Perfect, chill way to start your weekend!
- Around the Corner is celebrating Dallas Blonde‘s (beer) 5 year anniversary with a big bash! I’m super into this because there will be a photo booth with blonde wigs to celebrate! And you know – beer specials, prizes, & more!
- The Secret Group is hosting a 90’s dance party on Saturday night at 10PM! Start out at 8th Wonder down the street and then wander down to dance it off to yo favorite 90s tunes!
- Sunday is George Hermann’s 174th Birthday (as in Hermann park) so get over there to celebrate! Activities for kids, food & lots to see as you walk around the park!
- Sunday if you’re still up for some fun, head over to the new King’s Bierhaus for a Cards Against Humanity tournament. And if you’re like me and don’t think you’re funny to other people, maybe just go and watch!
- Take a free salsa dancing class at Discovery Green Thursday from 7 — 8PM!
- Thursday is the day of running with RacePace! Get over there at 6:30PM for a 3 mile run starting and ending at Holler Brewing Co (with a beer)!
- Into Beyonce and yoga? Your Body Center has the class for you… Bey-asana! Friday from 7:30 — 8:30. $20 at the door & $15 if you register beforehand.
- YOGA & HOPS: Eureka Heights, Thursday from 7 — 10PM; 8th Wonder, Saturday from 10 — 1PM; Karbach, Sunday from 11 — 2PM! Y’all know the drill. $25, bring your own mat and water & then enjoy the awesome breweries after!
- Sunday morning get on a bike and ride over to Buffalo Bayou to join the Bayou Bikers as they explore on a 25 — 40 mile bike ride! Mountain bikes or bikes with big tires are mandatory as you’re really exploring the bayous!
- Blackswan Sundays are back at Raven Tower this Sunday from 10 — 11AM! Bring a mat, water & your friends and get your flow goin’ with the blackswan teachers!
- Y’all know Thursdays are free admission days at the museums in town, right? Hop on over to MFAH, HMNS & more!
- CAMH is having a Young Patron’s Lawn Party Thursday starting at 6PM for all of you who love to support the arts. It’s free to go & booze around with all those artsy individuals who love houston & museums!
- Houston Shakespeare Festival is continuing at Miller Outdoor Theater this weekend with Richard III! Grab a spot on the hill & enjoy a picnic while getting unbelievably cultured. 😉
- It’s Texas Independent Bookstore Day on Saturday! That means you need to go out & support! Brazos Bookstore is having events all day long & you know I’ll be hitting up The Lift on 19th street because it’s my fav lil bookstore over here in the heights! Maybe you should also check out Kaboom books and it’s instagrammable bookshelves!
- It’s the first Thursday this month which means short films are back at Brasil on Westheimer! 8 — 10PM get your coffee and bites on while enjoying some curated short films.
- Guess what’s showing this weekend at River Oaks Theater? Your favorite weird 90s movie — The Neverending Story! Relive your childhood with a glass of wine or whichever drink from the bar!
This is a big weekend of activities in the heights — the annual White Linen Night celebrations are taking over! Here’s the run-down of stuff to do and places to be:
- Go over to Off-White Linen Night at Good Dog in the heights starting at 5PM where there will be complimentary drinks, sno cones & live music! And as always — good hot dogs.
- Sonoma Wine Bar in the heights is turning 5 years old and celebrating in style during White Linen night with a DJ, a sangria stand, raffle prizes, gourmet bites & more!
- McIntyre’s will be having drink specials (mimosa carafes, buckets of beer & white watermelon sangria) & of course you’ll want to hang out on the breezy swings.
- Southern Goods is going to be poppppinn with live music (The Ton Tons) and they partnered with Saint Arnolds Brewery so you know it’s going to be fun! Starting at 3PM get over there for food & drink specials!
- Town in City Brewing is turning 2 years old & celebrating White Linen Night at the same time! So many anniversaries this weekend. Lots of food & live music & of course, beer!
- Want to hit up more than one place Saturday night? Fitzgeralds is hosting a White Linen Night Pub Crawl starting at 6PM! They’ll be upstairs in the AC with drink specials to start your night off!
- The Heights Theater will be celebrating indoors with a free event featuring the art of George Holman & music! The theater has been recently renovated, so definitely stop in and have a look while you wander 19th!
- Book your table at Harold’s restaurant and bar for a $35 Southern Buffet! GREAT people watching spot and great food to match!
- Blue Line Bike Lab is hosting BIKE LINEN NIGHT with live music, local artists & craftsmen, & beer provided by Eureka Heights! 6 — 10PM!
- Premium Draught on Studewood is partnering up with Holler Brewing Co. to provide you with all the beer! Saturday from 12 — 4PM get over there to taste test & get a tee-shirt! Probably a good place to chill before the madness!
- Christian’s Tailgate will be having their yearly party goin down’ on WLN so make sure to go grab a burger, some drinks & watch the live band or partake in karoake!
- Onion Creek is going above & beyond with a pig roast celebration during WLN! Starting at 4PM and going through midnight, get over there for some serious food, beer & music!
- BB’s Cafe on White Oak is goin’ all out for WLN starting at 6PM with live art displays & live music!
- Ball’s Out Burger, Height’s newest burger joint (ok second to bernie’s burger bus which just opened) is having a happy hour special starting at 3PM and going through 11PM! Def get your burger here before you pop over to 19th or white oak!
- PopShop on 19th is having a celebration of their own including a lip bar, braid bar, & more starting at 6PM on Saturday! I’ll be goin’ in for the braid bar definitely.
- Height’s Biergarten is celebrating with the DOGS this Saturday starting at 4PM with a best dressed dog competition & tons of live music! They want you to bring all the pups, so don’t leave em’ at home!
- Eight Row Flint will be having old fashioned shots from an ice block during their WLN party and some giant beer tubs! This may be a good spot to hunker down, as it’s right inbetween White Oak and 19th!
ENJOY White Linen Night and the rest of your weekend, friends! Houston this weekend is going to be a blast & can’t wait to take part.