Usually my weekend guides are in a lot lighter tone — such as new houston restaurants to eat at, where to grab a drink with friends, local art markets that are going on. I sat with three dogs, a cat, and my boyfriend this past week watching in disbelief as Hurricane Harvey destroyed homes just streets away from us. Somehow we were unscathed, and for days we watched helicopters circle the neighborhood. After donating Monday and seeing how many people were out helping, I decided I wanted to do something a little different this weekend.
Here are a ton of events you can go to donate and help Houston in it’s time of need. Let me know if I missed anything in the comments below and I’ll add it to the list. Have a great weekend, Houston & stay dry. Also if you’re looking for a more generalized list of places to donate — here is a great list from NPR (and another from Huffington Post) with a ton of organizations that are in need.
Note: Will continue to update this with events as found.
- Until 6PM Friday, they will be accepting donations at The Space HTX near Downtown. Click the link to see what they’re in need of!
- White Oak in the heights is having a big relief Benefit tonight — including places like Fitzgeralds, Tacos A GoGo, Onion Creek, and Christian’s Tailgate. Saint Arnold’s Beer will be all over & tons of live bands!
- This weekend ALL ComedySportz shows are free and they will be taking donations of non-perishable food, toiletries, baby supplies, bedding, and packs of new underwear.
- ALSO — heard today that as of now GRB, NRG, and BBVA are short on volunteer staff and new families are starting to show up.
- Saturday morning bright & early, WOMH is looking for volunteers to help clean up starting at 10AM. First 15 people get free tickets to ANY 3 shows they want!
- Town in City Brewing will be hosting a Hurricane Harvey Fundraiser starting at 10AM — 11PM! It’s pay what you want for beer and all proceeds will go to the Greater Houston Community Foundation. Good Dog will also be there with hotdogs doing the same thing starting at 5PM! There will also be live music in the biergarten starting at 6PM!
- The Breakfast Klub is hosting a diaper drive from 9AM — 1PM. Go get some breakfast and drop off diapers for those impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- From 1 — 4PM The Tasting Room is having a F* Harvey, Let’s Party event where you can help raise money for Houston’s Flood victims. LIVE music, gourmet bites from Chef Beto and wines!
- There will be a Harvey donation ride at Peloton from 11:45 — 12:45. Every mile they’re donating a dollar so go sweat & pump those feet to support HTX!
- All weekend long starting Saturday you can drop off pet donations at SWEAT 1000 Heights as they partner with Houston PetSet. They will be taking donations of pet food, crates, leashes, collars, etc. to collect for distribution to the 52+ animal rescue & welfare-related nonprofits they serve. They’re also looking for volunteers — very casual, just show up.
- Presidio is having an #FUHARVEY party on Saturday at noon — go relax with neighbors, friends & fam for lunch and donate what ya got. You’ll get a free lone star & they’re having live music all day.
- Get over to The West Studios in the heights from 1:15 — 3PM for their Pop-Up Donations-Based Chocolate, Yoga, and Coffee class. 60 minute vinyasa with a chocolate meditation and coffee tasting afterwards. All proceeds go to The Houston Food Bank’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts. Check this link for prices on tickets!
- This Friday and Saturday, JAX and Gr8 Plate hospitality group will be accepting donations for Casa Esperanza— a safe place for children in crisis due to abuse, neglect or the effects of HIV. Hurricane Harvey has effected all of us and Casa Esperanza was no exception.
- Cactus Music is having a Houston Hang in there music event Saturday afternoon/early evening with Say Girl Say, Robert Kuhn, and more. This Saturday they are asking for a suggested donation which will be donated to our good friend, Bun B’s wife Queenie’s GoFundMe efforts, Trill Funds for Victims of Harvey.
- The Heights’ First Saturday Art’s Market is back from 11 — 6PM and there will be places for specialty donations. Check this link!
- There is a Spring/Klein Flood Relief Camp accepting donations all day at New Life Church (fellowship hall). They’re looking for pet food, diapers, cleaning supplies, formula, trash bags, socks, underwear, non-perishables, & tshirts!
- Platypus Brewing is hosting a See Ya Later Harvey fundraiser all day Sunday with live music & 10% of all proceeds going to local charities. They’ll also have live spray paint murals going for auction & donated art sale!
- Sterolive is hosting a Together We Are Houston benefit from 5 — 10PM! All ticket proceeds go to Houston Food Bank & The 100 Club. There will also be a clothing/diaper/food donation booth on site.
- Party with Poison Girl for their 13th Anniversary Party from 4 — 10PM! There will be a donation table where they’re accepting baby formula, clothes, feminine products, toiletry bags, & luggage. They’re also donating any monetary proceeds to HISD to fund cafeteria work.
- Eureka Heights is partnering with Wokker Food Truck to host a Hope From the Heights: A Harvey Relief Benefit from 12 — 8PM. Free jams for local food, local brews & local jams! Donations encouraged.
- Southern Goods is having a Labor Day Fish Fry where you can donate in exchange for a beer! This will be from 11 — 5PM & Saint Arnold Brewing Company is providing a community keg.
- King’s Bierhaus will be hosting Come Together — A Harvey Fundraiser all day. Donations are needed (check the link) & 100% of proceeds will be going to victims impacted by HH.
OTHER PLACES TO DONATE
- Galveston Bay Foundation — Harvey dumped high levels of pollution, debris and bacteria into Galveston Bay which negatively impacts the life that depends on the resources it provides. Help the cleanup process by donating.
- Buy an awesome Houston tee & all the funds will go straight to Greater Houston Community Foundation. EVERY CENT. So many good ones.
- The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is hosting a ton of blood drives all weekend, so click this link to see where you can give blood.
- NEXT SATURDAY from 2 — 7PM there will be a fundraiser + exhibition at Silver Street Studios with Fresh Arts to support Texas artists impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- Go support 8th Wonder Brewery this weekend and show them some love. They rescued people from homes during the flood and it was incredible.
- Get a #HARVEYWALLBANGER from Houston bars and proceeds will go straight to Sylvester Turner’s GHCF Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund – these funds go straight to victims of hurricane harvey. Awesome. Check it out here.
- Hermann Park is looking for cleanup volunteers. Check it out here.
Loving this love letter to Houston. Also, Houstonia put out a list of local Houston charities to donate to. Donate local, y’all.