It’s FRIDAY THE 13th! I have some spooky ideas for you to check out if you want to celebrate this freaky holiday. Get to your Friday the 13th plans below:
1. Go to Axelrad’s Haunted House to get a liiiiittle bit spooked, but also proceeds are going to victims of Hurricane Harvey. So it’s for a good cause AND you get to celebrate Friday the 13th in STYLE.
2. Watch a scary movie. HERE is a list of 36 movies to watch this October on Netflix. Can’t beat a free flick— but you could always go to the movies and see It (I enjoyed it and I’m not big on horror or scary films) OR if you want a more happy halloween film, do a throwback and rent Halloweentown on Amazon.
3. Or get out to Slowpokes in Garden Oaks on Friday to see Ghostbusters! Starting at 7:15. Grab your friends, get a drink, and get in the halloween spirit.
5. For a really in-the-spirit go to Dewberry Farm! Pumpkin patches, corn mazes, & lots of other fall things to get you feelin’ like it should be sweater weather.
6. Okay, guys, now is the time. Decide on your halloween costume! Are you going to be a fidget spinner or a crazy cat lady? Check out Oh Happy Day’s amazing halloween costume ideas & prepare to get crafty.
7. Visit a cemetery to see a ghost. Or ride to one during the EastEnd Bike Ride— 3rd Annual Cemetery Gates Ride! Visit some of Houston’s oldest and less known cemeteries. Eep. Def remember to snap a photo if you see a ghost.
8. Maybe you should go see a psychic to figure out your future, or just get a giggle. Something I’ve always wanted to do is get my aura photographed. Anyone know where we can do that in Houston??
9. I’m so into this DIY of floating witch hats. You could do this on your porch or in an entryway… or if you’re just like really into Halloween you could do anywhere in your house. Just sayin’.
10. Go to Revolucion Coffee + Juice in the heights and get a black gold juice. Not only does it look spooky, but it has activated charcoal which is good for you insiiiides. Also, so yummy.
11. How freakin’ cute are these halloween-themed pretzels? And so many monster options!
12. We know you’re going to watch Hocus Pocus, so go ahead and make it a drinking game with your friends. But maybe take small sips, because this could turn a lil crazy.
13. If you want to hear some creepy tunes, head to Miller Outdoor Theatre Sunday night from 7 — 10PM for their Symphonic Spooktacular! Perfect halloween-y way to end your weekend!
Okay, now it’s your turn. How are you getting in the spirit of Halloween this Friday the 13th? I thought Stranger Things was coming out today (sob) so my plans have changed. So you know where i’ll be on Oct 27th! Comment below your creepy plans!
For more Houston weekend guides — click here! Updated every Thursday.