Are you shopping last minute for holiday gifts in Houston? Don’t want to pay for expedited shipping to make sure it gets here in time for Christmas? Time to hit the Houston streets and I know juuuust where you should go.
I promise I’m an expert— I bought the majority of my Christmas presents this past weekend in an afternoon and I feel really accomplished so I just want to share my knowledge.
Okay, no time to wait. HERE is where you should be shopping (that’s not in the galleria):
- Kuhl-Linscomb: If you’ve never been to Kuhl-Linscomb it’s time to do it right now. It’s hidden in Upper Kirby with covered windows but is actually a 5-building campus full to the brim of fun things. I know because I worked there for a stint a bit ago and was constantly buying things. They have something for literally everyone and it’s HUGE. Think department store full of things you’ve never seen before— kids, stationery, clothing, kitchen, beauty… furniture, lighting! EVERYTHING. And they gift wrap, but be sure to go at a not busy time or to come back at a later time for your gifts!
- Space Montrose: Space is a cool boutique off Westheimer in Montrose that hosts items from over 200 artists. They have cards, jewelry, clothing, candles, and so much more. Perfect place to grab a card and a gift for anybody you know and support some local artists.
- Tea Sip: This is a random add, but it’s so cute. Tea Sip is a brand new tea store on 19th street in the heights. There’s a tea bar, but they also sell the coolest teacups, teapots, tea & anything to do with tea. So if you’re thinking of being basic and getting someone a mug— stop. Go to Tea Sip and get a tea cup it’s the new thing.
- Brazos Bookstore: I’ve mentioned this before but everyone should have a book for christmas. The perfect place to get it is at Brazos Bookstore— the best indie bookstore in Houston. Also, they have the BEST recommendations so make sure to talk to the people who work there. I went in to buy some gifts and came out with two books for myself. Dangerous.
For the men:
- Manready Mercantile: Manready Mercantile is the coolest men’s store in Houston. They’ve got everything from clothing to skincare to food. I go here every year for stocking stuffers and everyone is always happy. Everything in the store is for sale, so last year I picked a random print off the wall and bought it for my dad! Awesome store.
- STAG Provisions: If you’re in need of a good guy gift, STAG is a good place to pop in. Socks, shirts, watches, accessories, the whole shebang. For the coolest dude in town.
For the girls:
- Emerson Rose: Emerson Rose is my store, y’all. Any occasion it’s where I go whether it’s for an outfit, a gift, or a fun pick-me-up for myself (#treatyoself). But such a good place for gal gifts! There’s something for every girl in that store and now they have a new location on Westheimer so whether you’re a heights girl or a montrose lady, you can stop in easily!
- The Gypsy Wagon: The Gypsy Wagon is a boutique in Austin, but just opened in Heights Mercantile! GREAT gifts. I was tempted to buy everything when I was in there. Super cool hats, decor, and gift-y things just ready to be bought for your girlfriends. Def stop in.
For yo momma:
- Biscuit Home: Biscuit Home just re-opened on Westheimer and still has great little gifts that’d be perfect for any lady. Besides home decor they’ve got great books, frames, and more that are super stylish and classy.
- Jubilee: Nestled in the heights, Jubilee is full of fab gifts. Huge selection of candles, hostess gifts, decor and more. You can get definitely find something for the most important woman in your life here.
For the kiddos:
- Big Blue Whale: Best kids store in Houston (that I’ve seen at least— I don’t have a child) hands down. Cute and crowded with tons of fun children’s stuff— books, board games, tents, you name it. Any age will be able to find something.
So there it IS! Also— feel free to mix & match. You can buy gifts for just about anyone at most of these places, but thought I’d make some categories to keep it simple.
Also, please share your favorite stores in the comments below so we can have a share-fest of where to buy gifts in Houston! OKAY GOOD LUCK!