Glossier is one of my faaaaavorite beauty brands. So I’m super psyched that they reached out to ask me to be a Glossier rep! I use their products on the reg and just recently got their brand new Wowder Powder! So I thought I’d do a little review for you guys. Honestly I wasn’t too into the powder train because I’ve been loving a good summer, glowy look. You want to put powder on my glow? No, thanks. But I thought I would try it out just incaaase, or for when winter rolls around and I don’t want to look greasy. Ya know.
For a simple lil makeup look, I generally start off with the Glossier stretch concealer in light, which I’ve really grown to love. It’s very dewy and illuminating. Perfect for under the eyes. I also like to put it on my chin and around my nose where redness hangs out. Then I use the wowder on top to cut some of the dewy and to set the concealer. All the illumination is still there!
Y’all every single day I use the cloud paint in the shade puff. It’s so summer-y and easy to use. I put the tiniest drop on my ring finger, pat half onto my other ring finger and then blend onto each cheek. Easy, breezy. Then you gotta do the brows. I use boy brow in blonde – another go-to every day for natural looking, full brows.
Makeup done! To add some dewiness back on to the face, you can use their haloscope along the cheekbones and down the nose. It works super well and then you don’t have to worry about lookin’ sweaty. Don’t forget the balm dot com on the lips. Also a fav.
Diiiiid I mention you can buy the cute Wowder brush too? Get it as a set to save some money & you can shop with me to get 20% off your entire purchase. 🙂 What’s your fav glossier product? Mine may be the boy brow, but I have so many staples in my makeup bag now.
I’ve had Warby Parker Glasses for going on five years now (maybe longer) and somehow I’m only just now on my third pair. That means I went wayyyy too long without getting a new prescription. But times have changed! My third pair of Warby Parkers came in the mail this past weekend. Short story: I love them.
If you don’t know anything about Warby Parker… where have you been? Only slightly kidding. Warby Parker is a glasses store that basically brought affordable designer eyewear to the table, while also working with nonprofits to provide a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair of glasses sold! So if you buy a pair, someone else gets one! Awesome company. Other cool things to note:
- They are opening a store in Heights Mercantile (a brand new shopping mecca in the heights)!
- They have started doing eye exams in some of their stores – which is awesome for people like me who are too lazy to take multiple steps in getting glasses.
- They do a free home try-on for those of you who don’t have a local store!
My go-to frames for the past few years were the Percey style, which I honestly considered re-buying. They’re such a great shape! But I knew I wanted to try something a liiiittle different. These frames are the Begley in whiskey tortoise! Still very harry potter vibe, but a little bit more hexagonal. I’m into them, can you tell?
When I was in Austin last month, we stopped into the Warby Parker store and tried on probably a million pairs of glasses so that I knew what frames I would want. There are so many awesome pairs (like these, and these, and these) that I may start buying glasses more frequently.
You know, when I stop being a poor millennial kid.
Hi, Houston friends! We’re back with what you should be doing in Houston this weekend!
Get ready because a LOT of it is going to be White Linen Night focused. So many local businesses and restaurants are going all out, so definitely go and enjoy them! There’s enough space for all of us (hopefully), so make your way down the list to plan your Houston weekend!
- First Saturday art market in the heights is this weekend — but it’s moonlighting as White Linen Night, so scroll down & see ALL the activities for WLN below. Hint: there are a LOT of them. But also, make sure to check out Emerson Rose, PopShop, Manready Mercantile, The Lift, & all the houston heights boutiques that are going above and beyond for WLN!
- Houston Restaurant Week has STARTED! Check out where to eat here.
- King’s Bierhaus is not only brand new, but also already involved in local initiatives. Join them Thursday evening to support the Animal Justice League. 20% of all sales will benefit the AJL!
- Have y’all been to Juice Girl on 19th street in the heights? Well they’re opening up a vegan ice cream shop on 19th street called Over the Moon, right across the hall from their juice shop. We need to try this out & hopefully it’s amazing!
- Sunday is National Root Beer Float Day, so Saint Arnolds Brewery is partnering with Fat Cat Creamery to offer you & the fam root beer floats starting at noon! Admission is free & the ice cream (and beer) will be delicious!
Lots more to eat if you scroll down to White Linen Night!