Guys! I’ve been doing these guides for over a MONTH & I’m in love. This weekend there’s a wide array of things to check out — from art markets to motorcycle nights to music festivals! Lets keep it up with What to do in Houston this weekend!
Where to Shop:
- First Saturday Arts Market on 19th Street in the Heights will be this Saturday from 6 — 10PM. This is my ideal way to spend my weekend evenings — perusing shops and getting tacos and a margarita from Torchy’s Tacos afterwards.
- June Designers Kick-Off Party for Launch is on Thursday from 6 — 8:30. LAUNCH is presenting a diverse and talented group of Houston creatives offering goods ranging from designer apparel, upcycled accessories, handmade jewelry, candles to greeting cards. There will be cocktails, light bites, and shopping. What more do you need?
- Want to get really spontaneous? There’s a pup adoption event at the Urban Harvest Farmer’s Market, Houston’s oldest & largest farmer’s market. Get some produce, but also a pup!
- Eleanora’s Market is having its Grand Opening event at Cavatore Italian Restaurant on Saturday from 9 — 11AM. They’ll have over 60 vendors selling produce, textiles, baked goods, art, flowers, and more! If you can’t make it this weekend, they’ll be back every Saturday from here on out!
Helloooooo Houstonites! Time to figure out what you’re doing in Houston this weekend!! LOTS of food options for Memorial Day, and lots of bike rides! Check it out to see what you should do!
Where to Eat & Drink:
- This Sunday is National Burger Day! This list from Houstonia will show you all the yum places to get that burger!
- South Houston Crawfish Festival 2017 is goin’ down Saturday from noon — 10PM at the Hobby Event Center! If you get your tickets early, they’re offering two free beers, tons of live music options, food, and more!
- The Big Lebowski Party at Platypus Brewing is an all-day affair at Platypus Brewing on Washington, Saturday. They’re releasing a new Sour Ale and will be having a movie showing, costume contest, and more!
- Starting 8 AM on Saturday morning it’s Kolache Saturday at Revival Market! Go early before all the good ones go!
- Saint Arnold’s Brewing Company is having a Rogue One viewing on Thursday from 6 — 10PM! 10$ tickets that include a beer, and there will even be a costume contest at 7PM! Come one, come all Star Wars fans and celebrate 40 years of Star Wars!!
- D&T Drive In is having their four year anniversary this weekend and will be having food and drink specials to celebrate! To top it off they’ll be raffling off a whole case of mixed Saint Arnold Bishops Barrels!
- Beats BBQ Brews will be at Glitter Karaoke — so if you’re into BBQ, you know where you should be! Saturday from 12 — 4PM!
- A coffee and cocktails pop-up? Sounds good to me. Southside Espresso is hosting a fun “alternative” environment with adult beverages, great coffee, and live music on Sunday from 6 — 9PM!
- Southern Goods will be having a Luau on Sunday from 12 — 8PM, roasted pigs and all! Live music, cocktails, and food! Perf Sunday afternoon.
- Holler Funday Bash is the hap at Holler Brewing Co on Sunday! Food trucks and fun food concepts with some great beer to wash em’ down with!
I’m currently abroad, but that must mean I just love you guys and Houston SO much. Mainly I’m getting into these weekend guides because it makes me want to get out more. Y’all too? OKAY – WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND!?
Where to Eat:
- Greek Fest is this weekend at St. Basil Greek Orthodox Church! Stop by for some amazing greek food, lots of wine, and LOTS of dancing and live performances!
- Barks and Brews is taking over Axelrad on Saturday from 12 — 2PM! So take your pup and enjoy the fresh air and hammocks. Tickets are available and with those there will be pet photography (so glam) and a bunch of free stuff for your best furry pal!
- Bayou Jamboree and Crawfish is going down at Historic Market Square Houston on Saturday from 3 — 7PM. No need to drive to NOLA if you’re craving some cajun, just head to downtown htx for your fix! Steel City Pops and Treebeards will be making appearances soooo sounds like a yum afternoon!
- Tacodeli just opened this past month and if you’re into breakfast tacos, maybe this is where you’ll be spending your Saturday morning! This Austin-based restaurant just opened on Washington and apparently more are on the way! Get to it first!
- If you’re hungry on Thursday for some Greek food, Niko Nikos is having a throwback thursday celebration in the way of throwing back pricing! Get a gyro for $2.50!