I’m currently abroad, but that must mean I just love you guys and Houston SO much. Mainly I’m getting into these weekend guides because it makes me want to get out more. Y’all too? OKAY – WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND!?
Where to Eat:
- Greek Fest is this weekend at St. Basil Greek Orthodox Church! Stop by for some amazing greek food, lots of wine, and LOTS of dancing and live performances!
- Barks and Brews is taking over Axelrad on Saturday from 12 — 2PM! So take your pup and enjoy the fresh air and hammocks. Tickets are available and with those there will be pet photography (so glam) and a bunch of free stuff for your best furry pal!
- Bayou Jamboree and Crawfish is going down at Historic Market Square Houston on Saturday from 3 — 7PM. No need to drive to NOLA if you’re craving some cajun, just head to downtown htx for your fix! Steel City Pops and Treebeards will be making appearances soooo sounds like a yum afternoon!
- Tacodeli just opened this past month and if you’re into breakfast tacos, maybe this is where you’ll be spending your Saturday morning! This Austin-based restaurant just opened on Washington and apparently more are on the way! Get to it first!
- If you’re hungry on Thursday for some Greek food, Niko Nikos is having a throwback thursday celebration in the way of throwing back pricing! Get a gyro for $2.50!
Heeeeey Houstonites— are you looking for a hip new coffee shop/juice bar? Well, Bebidas off of Westheimer and Edloe may be it.
I knew I was going to like it the minute I saw a cute instagram with a juice in it tagged in Houston. Those instas are my jam. I love going to new places, and get especially excited when it’s something I didn’t know about that’s right under my nose. THAT is how I feel about Bebidas.
So last week I decided to work remotely and headed on over early to Bebidas. First thing you notice is their sprawling outdoor space, which was unexpected. They’ve got a ton of spaced out tables that are all different sizes. Seems dog-friendly and is very insta-worthy. Second thing is the inside is ahmazing. Had to add the h in there because it was so good. It’s a lot of millennial pink, which y’all should know is my favorite color. But they have tropical wallpaper inside one of the hallways and lots of greenery to make you feel like you just stepped foot in Nicaragua. Not to mention they have a neon light sign that says for the love of juice. Done.
Ok now to the most important part — food and drink. I got a green juice that was already made and I decided to also go for a gluten free brownie because it looked good. I’m very skeptical of healthy brownies, but I thought I may as well cut to the chase and see if this place was worth coming back to for goodies. The juice was spot-on what I like when it comes to green juices and the brownie was the best healthy brownie I could ask for. No kidding. Yes, it wasn’t as good as a homemade sugar-y, flour-y brownie, but it honestly was satisfying and had a great consistency.
I will be back, Bebidas.
Every Wednesday from 6 — 8:30PM they have food trucks! Their patio was basically asking for it, and I think I’ll make a trip back with friends to relax and enjoy the evening. It is worth noting that if you want to work there remotely — space goes quickly, and while there is a lot of outdoor space you may want to be careful if the weather is rainy! Also, the indoor can get kind of noisy, but not something headphones can’t fix!
Go, juice lovers! Bebidas awaits.
It’s time again, errybody! Houston’s weekend guide is poppin’. I’m flying to Scotland tomorrow night so I’m missing out on this Texas heat — y’all will have to enjoy it for me. WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND?
Where to Shop:
- Stag is having their 2 year anniversary party on Friday from 6 — 9PM! So stop by with yo man (or not whatevs) and get some food, drinks, deals, and tunes! They’re also offering up some special prizes, so may be worth it to stop by!
- The Market at Sawyer Yards is this Saturday from 11 — 5PM. If you’re looking last minute for a Mother’s Day gift, this is the place to be. Always loaded with a lively crowd, great art, food trucks, and music, you’re going to want to go!
- Emerson Rose in the heights is having a Mother’s Day party on Saturday from 11 — 2PM! Go get some champagne and succulents (or just some cute clothes & sunnies) for yo momma! It’s also a great place to pick up a last minute Mother’s Day card… like I did when I posted on my instagram stories on Tuesday! 😉