Guys, I did the dirty work for you. I rounded up all the best free online workout videos, so that you don’t have to dig through to find one that actually is going to make you sweat (and is actually doable from your apartment living room). The best part about at home workout videos is that you can find a lot of good ones for FREE! It’s the best.
I recently stumbled upon Sweaty Betty‘s YouTube channel and it’s great! If you don’t know, Sweaty Betty is an athletic wear company based in the UK, who have now uploaded a bunch of cool workout videos to promote their brand – such a good marketing idea. I was very excited when I stumbled upon it because it means that I can get a full 45 minute workout without having to go to a class! Y’all know I love my ClassPass, but sometimes I decide to work out last minute and don’t have time to get out the door. This is a life-saver. Here are some of my favorites so far (FYI they will make you SORE):
- Body by Simone Dance Cardio Workout: This is going to make you SWEAT, but also it’s going to make you dance. I was a naysayer of these trendy dance workouts going around, but I take it back! I think I burned 300+ calories dancing around in my living room in 45 minutes, so you know I’m into it. Great cardio without having to run out the door in humid Houston!
- Bum Sculpting Barre Class: Paola Di Lanzo’s body barre class is a great way to work out your butt! I have been on a butt workout kick (summer is looming) so this was perfect for that purpose.
My new favorite place to get free online workout videos is at PopSugar Fitness – SO many selections of longer workouts. It’s a gold mine. The variety is great too if you’re looking to work out a specific area or if you have a favorite type of workout like pilates or barre. SO good. Also love that she collaborates with a bunch of other online workout creators so you’re consistently getting introduced to new free workout trainers! Some current favs:
- 30 minute Selena Gomez workout for flat abs and toned legs: I did this workout earlier this week and dang you feel a burn in every move! I added on this 10 minute butt workout to get it closer to 45 minutes and it was a great (but really hard) addition!
- 45 minute cardio dance workout: This is another Body by Simone dance workout that killed my calves. Seriously were sore for a solid week and I was hobbling around like a weirdo feeling like I couldn’t do any workout. Probably burned 500 calories. SO MUCH SWEAT. I felt like I got out of a hot yoga class. Dance it out, friends! Also want to mention that these moves are easy to pick up – you don’t have to be a dancer to do this.
- 40 minute boxing and toning workout: I haven’t done this one yet, but it’s next on my list! I’ve never done a boxing workout, but I am excited to try!
Last but not least, my go-to toning and HIIT workouts are with the Tone It Up ladies – Karena and Katrina. Whether or not you sign up for their bikini series or if you need a one-off workout, they will get you sore. Sometimes I’ll only do one of their workout videos and end up sore the next day. These are fail-safe workouts that will seriously get you in shape (especially if you follow their routine). So set your 45 minute-hour timer and get goin’:
Tellin’ you I’m serious about these butt workouts. Beach booty time. 🙂
Got a favorite free online workout I should know about?
It’s Friday! Which means it’s time for an UNBOXING!
Wouldn’t it be nice to unbox presents every Friday? This week on Abbey’s Unboxing Blog is the FabFitFun Box! I have seen these around on social media and clicked the link multiple times in the past 6 months but never pulled the trigger until a few weeks ago. Thank goodness I did because I needed it so badly this week that I almost hugged my mailman for bringing me prezzies.
The FabFitFun box is a subscription that you pay for basically every season (I got the Spring box) and it’s 50$ a box. This is something I’ll probably only splurge on once or twice a year because I’m feelin’ pooooor AF right now. But if you can swing it you get a lot of bang for your buck in this box! The retail value of what’s inside is $200+ and it’s full of beauty, wellness, fashion, and fitness items handpicked by the FFF team.
So let’s get into what was inside mine, shall we? OR just be surprised and go get one here!
The first thing I noticed when delving inside was a round beach blanket! So off the bat I was super psyched because I’ve wanted one since these became trendy a year or two ago, but never could bite the bullet and splurge on one. I mean do I REALLY need a round beach blanket when I already have rectangular ones? Well, now I have one! Foreseeing a lot of park and beach days in my future. The second thing I was excited about was the dr. brandt microdermabrasion because as you know if you’ve been reading my blog- I am super into skincare at the moment and making my face look as clean as possible (that first pic is with no makeup on- THANK YOU PIXI). I also got some Karuna cloth face masks which look awesome (4 in a pack) and I can’t wait to try them.
The Real Her (Women Rule the World) lipstick pack comes with a lipgloss, lipstick, and lipliner. The packaging is flawless – I’m obsessed. But not sure I’m going to love the lipstick – I dabbed it on to try upon opening it and was not thrilled by the drying feel. I do want to try the gloss and lipliner though, so maybe a review is in my blog’s future.
Other notable items are the Deborah Lippman nail polishes (I got a baby pink and a white), some gummies to strengthen hair, nails, and skin, and a leave-in-conditioner! I also received earrings that I’ll be re-gifting because I don’t have my ears pierced! But so many well-rounded items! To wrap it all up they gave me a Slay All Day pouch. Into it. This box was like ipsy on steroids and I want more (but going to hold back cuz I’m responsible).
If you want one – click here!
Guys, I told you that I’m a sucker for good branding. I got suckered in, but this time it was by Ritual vitamins.
Ritual is a vitamin brand founded by Kat Schneider. She decided there was a market for better quality vitamins when she got pregnant. In her search for a good daily vitamin, she saw that there were questionable ingredients used in a lot of vitamin brands. Ritual vitamins push transparency throughout the whole brand. You can tell from their transparent pill bottles and even pills. “The future is clear” is their motto. If you take one look at their instagram, you can probably see why I bought into this (at least for one month). I can’t really review these since I just received them in the mail, but I can already tell you that I probably won’t ever spend $30 again for daily vitamins. I think I can find a better deal with no questionable sources. This brand may be onto something though. What if they’re actually magic? What if they actually DO give me energy or a better mood? At the very least I’m not doing anything harmful to my body and am probably getting more vitamins than usual. Let’s be real here.
Some of the reasons I probably won’t be buying these again are
1) $30 is too expensive for only a month’s worth of vitamins when you’re 26 and relatively healthy
2) There are only 9 ingredients in these, when in a normal daily vitamin there are more like 50
That being said, $30 is not CRAZY. But I just don’t need another subscription taking away a lil chunk of my money every month. Unless these really work in which case I’ll come back and edit this post. 🙂
But, all that skepticism aside, I am excited to try these babies for a month and hope for the best. At the very least they sure are pretty to look at.
Will you try hipster vitamins?