January 18 — 21
Not sure what to do in Houston this weekend? Welcome to your Houston weekend guide. It’s updated weekly so you can keep up with what to do in Houston this weekend eveeeery weekend!
- This Thursday is Sip & Stroll in the heights! Get out and shop, grab a taco at torchys or a drink at Downhouse. Such a fun activity to start your weekend off!
- Check out the Horchata! Midnight Art Market at Insomnia Art Gallery Friday night starting at 8PM and ending at midnight! Free indoor pop-up market with vintage clothing, music, handmade items & more!
- The Sawyer Flea Market is back this Saturday from 10—5PM! Great place to pick up fun things, get a juice or a drink, and wander!
- Saturday from 11—5PM go stock up your record collection at Heights Vinyl during their Blowout Moving Sale! Once in a lifetime as they say! 😉
- Sunday from 10—2PM there’s a Farmer’s Market at East End! 7 local farmers will be selling their produce and tons of local small businesses!
- RacePace has their social run at Holler Brewing Co Thursday from 6:30—9:30PM! Get your miles in with a cold one at the end.
- Saturday morning at Buffalo Bayou park, break a sweat helping clean up the park from 8:30—11:30! Volunteer to get HTX back on it’s feet after Harvey. I don’t know if you’ve been to the park, but it’s still in need of help!
- There’s going to be Goat Yoga on Saturday morning at Little Woodrow’s on Shepherd! Get a ticket, bring your yoga mat and towel, and enjoy the goats and your morning flow!
- Sunday night enjoy 80’s night yoga at Four Dragons Institute in the heights! “Grab your leg warmers, scrunchies, and neon windbreakers and get ready to rock your asana to your favorite 80s flashbacks!”
- Sunday take a bike ride with Bayou City Outdoors during their Paths Less Pedaled event! From 2—5PM meet at El Tiempo on Navigation and along the way you’ll be checking out new paths, renewed paths and paths seldom traveled.
- Go to Holler Brewing Co Friday for a Balls out Burger pop up! Nothing better than a beer and a burger especially since we’ll be having better weather this weekend!
- Friday night at Axelrad is a tamale & salsa pop up! We need that after all this cold weather! Go grab a drink and enjoy the more moderate weather we’re getting this weekend!
- There’s going to be a Chef Pop Up at Wooster’s Garden on Sunday from 4—8PM! Curried Shrimp, Citrus Yellowtail Crudo, Beef Bourguignon soooo you’re going to want to check it out!
- The Conservatory is launching a new weekly Sunday event with all day happy hour and all day free play on the arcade games! Food, beer, wine, and free arcade games so what’s not to like?
- On Sunday from 4—8PM Camerata is teaming up with nationally renowned BBQ duo Erin Smith & Patrick Feges of Feges BBQ for a pork & cider-filled extravaganza!
- Thursday night is MFAH’s Happy Hour at the Museum! Get some drinks and eat at food trucks before wandering through the museum and checking out all the art.
- The Secret Group is hosting something fuuun… F It Let’s Dance on Friday night! Starts at 10PM AND it’s free!
- You can also go dancing at The Flat on Saturday nights starting at 10PM! It’s called the shakedown and they have great drinks so no reason to not goooo!
- Head to Continental Club for A Fistful of Soul — 60’s dance night! 3rd Friday of every month is the best dance party around.
- Friday night is Janis Joplin’s birthday party at Fitzgeralds! Kozmic Pearl will be performing starting at 9PM ending at 1AM! Tickets are $10 online $15 at the door!
- Ready for a drag show Saturday night? 7PM at Hamburger Mary’s Gia Gunn from Rupaul’s Drag Race will be performing! Food, fun and singinnggg! Def can’t beat it.
- Sunday from 5—8PM is Harry Potter trivia at King’s Bierhaus in the heights! Also a HP inspired menu & drinks! #magical
- Thursday at the Aurora Picture Show is a screening of Sundance Short Films! This eclectic program includes fiction, documentary, and animation by filmmakers from the US, Canada, Chile, Sweden, and Poland.
- Want to learn how to make candles on Friday night? You can at Sparrow and the Nest for $65 where you get to make four candles and take them home + the knowledge to make MORE!
- A Houston Women’s March is this Saturday morning from 9:30—12:30! 2018 elections are coming up so make sure you’re in the loop and join our ladies Saturday! There’s also an after party and pop-up at Axelrad where you can get shirts & celebrate!
- Happy birthday to Edgar Allen Poe! Go to Brazos Bookstore on Friday night from 7—8PM to celebrate with a variety of Poe-themed games and crafts, including Mad Libs and origami. There will also be giving a dramatic reading of Tell-Tale Heart.
- Want to get artsy this weekend while enjoying some cat company? Paint with cats at El Gato Coffeehouse! Sunday at 11AM—12:45PM!
What are YOU doing in Houston this weekend? Keep me updated and let me know if I’m missing anything in my guides. Stay up to date with my guide to Houston this weekend by checking out my instagram and facebook page!
To send in event submissions, please reach out to me here.