September 21 — 24
Welcome to your Houston weekend guide. It’s updated weekly so you can keep up with what to do in Houston this weekend eveeeery weekend!
- Thursday night on 19th street is their Third Thursday event — Sip & Sneak Peek! Sip craft brew from local breweries, enjoy street performances and shop your favorite street for a neighborhood night out.
- Go to Presidio on Saturday for great food, drinks and live music! Ruckus will be playing starting at 6PM on the back patio!
- Thursday get your butt to Axelrad for Sharks & Beers for a special showing of Jaws and a talk with a shark expert! Starts at 6PM — perf way to get your shark on but also enjoy drinks with friends. Ya know, casual.
- Slowpokes (the classic Houston sloth bar) is having a movie night friday night and showing BIG! Starts at 7:30PM & they’re dog friendly!
- Friday there’s a block party in Rice Village! Get out there for food trucks, Braid Bars, tailgating games, and live performances from the Rice Owls Dance and Cheer teams!
- Stop by Front Porch Pub & Dogwood on Saturday for the BarkHappy Fall Pup Crawl with an especially important cause to support hurricane Harvey relief efforts through Adore Houston! Get your tickets cause they include goof stuff for you & your pup!
- Saturday get your pub crawl on at the Midtown Pub Crawl! Starting at 2PM go to one of the midtown stops for your punch card and crawl away! Get a Saint Arnold Brewery pint class for yo trouble!
- Time for a carnaval celebration at Batanga Saturday night starting at 8PM! Live music, dancing, drinks, and a loooot of fun! #Samba
- Sunday from 2 — 6PM is another Super Smash Bros tournament at Eureka Heights in the Heights! Signup times between noon-2pm and it’s free to play. Winner gets a three pack of Crowlers to take home and savor their 64 bit victory.
- 8th Wonder Brewery will donate $1 from every beer purchased to support Hurricane Harvey relief efforts through Saturday, September 30, 2017 so go and ENJOY! Donate to our wonderful city so we can get those who need it back on their feet.
- Hate Hurricane Harvey? Great, there’s a run for that! Join the September (We Hate Hurricane Harvey) Buffalo Bayou Brewery Run! 11 — 3PM on Saturday! Start a 3 or 5 mile run that begins and ends at Buffalo Bayou Brewery!
- Sunday, Bumble is back with free yoga in the park! Memorial Park, that is. 10 — 11AM! Get in free if you have the bumble app on your phone!
- Go watch Hidden Figures this weekend at Discovery Green. One of my fav movies of last year! Friday starting at 8PM!
- If you’re a writer who wants some recognition and support you may want to join Writerspace at Holler Brewing Co. on Saturday for their Harvey Relief Open Mic! Free to read & to attend!
- Saturday is the 2017 Houston Modern Home Tour! Tickets are $45 to visit the homes, and meet the architects and homeowners behind stunning examples of cutting-edge private residences.
- It’s Hurricane Harvey Performance Night at the Rec Room on Saturday at 8PM! Go and have a listen to an evening of short plays (1 – 10 minutes), stories, poems, monologues and songs about the impact of the storm on our lives.