November 16 — 19
Not sure what to do in Houston this weekend? Welcome to your Houston weekend guide. It’s updated weekly so you can keep up with what to do in Houston this weekend eveeeery weekend!
- It’s time for 19th Street’s Third Thursdays — Sip & Give edition! Enjoy all that 19th street has to offer this Thursday evening (starts at 5PM). Grab a drink, stroll the shops, and donate gently used blankets and gift cards to Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot or Visa GC for Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts.
- Starting Friday for the whole weekend, WHAM is back!! My favorite time of year. The Winter Holiday Arts Market at Winter Street Studio brings together 60+ of Houston’s most talented local artists and kick off the holiday season with a weekend-long bash–complete with complimentary beverages and live entertainment for the whole family.
- Saturday all day is the Flea Style Market at Summer Street Studios! Shop local art and also check out some adoptable doggos!
- Saturday from 10 — 5PM is the Sawyer Flea Market! It’s a FREE curated outdoor market featuring artisan goods, artisan foods, and everything cool on the corner of Edwards and Sawyer.
- Saturday from 4 — 10PM you’re going to want to head over to Under The Radar Brewery for their Shop Local event! There will be local artists, designers, vintage curators, musicians & foodies.
- Check out the Mistletoe Market at Bagby park in Midtown this weekend for a ton of vendors and to get in to the holiday spirit! There will be carolers and it’s pet friendly!
- Discovery Green is having their Winter Flea by night Saturday from 6 — 10PM! Find some vintage goodies, have a drink, and stroll through the brisk november air (hopefully).
- Are you ready for an amazing Friendsgiving? Onion Creek is hosting one on Friday benefitting Southern Goods Fire Relief! Thanksgiving themed food and drink specials! Starts at 5PM and goes till 11!
- Saturday from 1 — 3PM, Piggy’s Kitchen & Bar is having a Soulful Thanksgiving Drag Brunch! Performances, specialty drinks & more!
- 11—3PM on Saturday head over to FM Kitchen & Bar for the Urban Harvest Pre-Thanksgiving Farmer’s Market. Local vendors will have tons of stuff to help prep you for Thanksgiving!
- Ready for wine + cheese? Head over to Sonoma Wine Bar for their Thanksgiving Wine & Cheese Sale! Snag up to 50 percent off over 60 bottles. $30/per person from 4 — 7PM on Sunday!
- 8th Wonder Brewery is hosting The Gr8 Taco Challenge on Sunday, November 19th, 2017 from 12 — 4PM. Your ticket will include a custom souvenir pint glass, 4 beer tokens, and a taco sampling from each participating restaurant.
- Houstonia’s 4th Annual Burger Bash is taking place at Buffalo Bayou Park on Saturday, November 18th, 2017 from 12-5PM. 15+ restaurants, new and old will return to face off, vying to take home the title of Houston’s Best Burger.
- Get your Seinfeld trivia on at Saint Arnold’s Brewery from 5 — 10PM on Friday! Costumes encouraged!
- Friday head over to WOMH for Alt-J and Marian Hill! Love me some Alt-J! Weather should be good, so kick off your weekend!
- Discovery Green’s Frostival event is on Saturday from 6 — 10PM! Frostival is a one-night extravaganza that marks the opening of the ICE, our 7,716 sq. ft. skating rink, all our wonderful winter programs and events, and the debut of new public art installation that help make the season in Houston so special.
- Thursday night is RacePace’s Social run which always looks like a good time! Meet at 6:30 PM, run starts and ends at Holler Brewing Co. $1 off all post-run beers for all runners!
- Eureka Heights is hosting Run, Yoga, Beer on Saturday morning starting at 9AM! 5K starts at 9 and then there’s a 45 minute yoga sequence designed for runners! Cost is $30 if you pre-register, or $35 at the door.
- Sunday morning get up and yoga-ed at Brasil for their Yoga & Brasil event! Starting at 8:30AM enjoy an open yoga class and then enjoy some coffee and socialize! Totally free!
- 9AM at Rothko Chapel is Yoga on the Plaza! Instructors from Bayou Bliss Yoga will lead a 60-minute invigorating practice of yoga postures.
- Starting at 11AM on Saturday is the November Buffalo Bayou Brewery Run! It’s a 4 mile and a 6 mile run beginning and ending at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company, then chilling out afterwards at the Brewery.
- Momentum Silver Street’s (Indoor Climbing Gym) grand opening kicks off with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9AM followed by climbing and other festivities like a DJ, raffle, food trucks, and craft beer. Doors are officially open at 10AM!
- Get happy hour at the MFAH on Thursday evening with drinks, food trucks and free entry to the museum!
- Friday from 7—9PM kick off the holiday season with ELF! At Miller Outdoor Theater! Tickets not needed, so grab a seat or bring a blanket and a picnic basket for a chill evening on the hill!
- This weekend is Houston Via Colori! Over 200 artists will converge on the streets to celebrate the artistic spirit of Houston. Check it out in downtown Houston at City Hall!
- Check out a new Mural Wall Pop-Up Event in River Oaks Shopping Center this Saturday from 3—5PM hosted by Carrie from Wear + Where + Well! An Instagram class, bubbly drinks, shopping & more!
- It’s the 25th Annual ArtCrawl this weekend! ARTCRAWL Houston is an event in which artists in the old & historic, Downtown Art Warehouse District, open the doors to their working studios and invite the public in for a peek at what happens behind the scenes.
What are YOU doing in Houston this weekend? Keep me updated and let me know if I’m missing anything in my guides. Stay up to date with my guide to Houston this weekend by checking out my instagram and facebook page!
To send in event submissions, please reach out to me here.