I’m currently abroad, but that must mean I just love you guys and Houston SO much. Mainly I’m getting into these weekend guides because it makes me want to get out more. Y’all too? OKAY – WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND!?
Where to Eat:
- Greek Fest is this weekend at St. Basil Greek Orthodox Church! Stop by for some amazing greek food, lots of wine, and LOTS of dancing and live performances!
- Barks and Brews is taking over Axelrad on Saturday from 12 — 2PM! So take your pup and enjoy the fresh air and hammocks. Tickets are available and with those there will be pet photography (so glam) and a bunch of free stuff for your best furry pal!
- Bayou Jamboree and Crawfish is going down at Historic Market Square Houston on Saturday from 3 — 7PM. No need to drive to NOLA if you’re craving some cajun, just head to downtown htx for your fix! Steel City Pops and Treebeards will be making appearances soooo sounds like a yum afternoon!
- Tacodeli just opened this past month and if you’re into breakfast tacos, maybe this is where you’ll be spending your Saturday morning! This Austin-based restaurant just opened on Washington and apparently more are on the way! Get to it first!
- If you’re hungry on Thursday for some Greek food, Niko Nikos is having a throwback thursday celebration in the way of throwing back pricing! Get a gyro for $2.50!
It’s time again, errybody! Houston’s weekend guide is poppin’. I’m flying to Scotland tomorrow night so I’m missing out on this Texas heat — y’all will have to enjoy it for me. WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND?
Where to Shop:
- Stag is having their 2 year anniversary party on Friday from 6 — 9PM! So stop by with yo man (or not whatevs) and get some food, drinks, deals, and tunes! They’re also offering up some special prizes, so may be worth it to stop by!
- The Market at Sawyer Yards is this Saturday from 11 — 5PM. If you’re looking last minute for a Mother’s Day gift, this is the place to be. Always loaded with a lively crowd, great art, food trucks, and music, you’re going to want to go!
- Emerson Rose in the heights is having a Mother’s Day party on Saturday from 11 — 2PM! Go get some champagne and succulents (or just some cute clothes & sunnies) for yo momma! It’s also a great place to pick up a last minute Mother’s Day card… like I did when I posted on my instagram stories on Tuesday! 😉
Guys, I did the dirty work for you. I rounded up all the best free online workout videos, so that you don’t have to dig through to find one that actually is going to make you sweat (and is actually doable from your apartment living room). The best part about at home workout videos is that you can find a lot of good ones for FREE! It’s the best.
I recently stumbled upon Sweaty Betty‘s YouTube channel and it’s great! If you don’t know, Sweaty Betty is an athletic wear company based in the UK, who have now uploaded a bunch of cool workout videos to promote their brand – such a good marketing idea. I was very excited when I stumbled upon it because it means that I can get a full 45 minute workout without having to go to a class! Y’all know I love my ClassPass, but sometimes I decide to work out last minute and don’t have time to get out the door. This is a life-saver. Here are some of my favorites so far (FYI they will make you SORE):
- Body by Simone Dance Cardio Workout: This is going to make you SWEAT, but also it’s going to make you dance. I was a naysayer of these trendy dance workouts going around, but I take it back! I think I burned 300+ calories dancing around in my living room in 45 minutes, so you know I’m into it. Great cardio without having to run out the door in humid Houston!
- Bum Sculpting Barre Class: Paola Di Lanzo’s body barre class is a great way to work out your butt! I have been on a butt workout kick (summer is looming) so this was perfect for that purpose.
My new favorite place to get free online workout videos is at PopSugar Fitness – SO many selections of longer workouts. It’s a gold mine. The variety is great too if you’re looking to work out a specific area or if you have a favorite type of workout like pilates or barre. SO good. Also love that she collaborates with a bunch of other online workout creators so you’re consistently getting introduced to new free workout trainers! Some current favs:
- 30 minute Selena Gomez workout for flat abs and toned legs: I did this workout earlier this week and dang you feel a burn in every move! I added on this 10 minute butt workout to get it closer to 45 minutes and it was a great (but really hard) addition!
- 45 minute cardio dance workout: This is another Body by Simone dance workout that killed my calves. Seriously were sore for a solid week and I was hobbling around like a weirdo feeling like I couldn’t do any workout. Probably burned 500 calories. SO MUCH SWEAT. I felt like I got out of a hot yoga class. Dance it out, friends! Also want to mention that these moves are easy to pick up – you don’t have to be a dancer to do this.
- 40 minute boxing and toning workout: I haven’t done this one yet, but it’s next on my list! I’ve never done a boxing workout, but I am excited to try!
Last but not least, my go-to toning and HIIT workouts are with the Tone It Up ladies – Karena and Katrina. Whether or not you sign up for their bikini series or if you need a one-off workout, they will get you sore. Sometimes I’ll only do one of their workout videos and end up sore the next day. These are fail-safe workouts that will seriously get you in shape (especially if you follow their routine). So set your 45 minute-hour timer and get goin’:
Tellin’ you I’m serious about these butt workouts. Beach booty time. 🙂
Got a favorite free online workout I should know about?