It’s Houston fourth of July weekend! Get ready because we have SO many options for you this weekend. Promise it won’t be a boring one. Also, it’s a great weekend to watch some movies — SO great, in fact, that I added in a lil’ category at the bottom there. Scroll all the way down for your special Houston fourth of July options. Get plannin’, Houston!
Where to Shop:
- Summer Series Art Stroll & Sale will be on Friday from 5 — 9PM at the Sawyer Yards! Join and enjoy live music, food trucks and summer cocktails for the perfect evening!
- Manready Mercantile and Side Project Skateboards are having a Pop-Up Shop at MM on Saturday from 10 — 7PM! There will be special pricing and new products!
- The Summer Street Arts Festival will be on Sunday from 12 — 10PM! Admission is free and there will be performances, drinks, shopping, and more!
- This weekend is the first Saturday Arts Market night in the heights! Y’all know this is one of my favorite things and I love reppin’ the heights! Starts at 6PM & a great way to spend your Saturday night with friends by eating, shopping, and having some drinks!
- Raven Tower is having a Shop Local event from 4 — 10PM on Saturday! It’ll be a great local art, vintage & designer market with music, food, drinks & good vibes!
- Did y’all know we have a Houston Bicycle Museum? They’re having a market on Saturday from 10 — 4PM with arts, crafts, jewelry and more!
Where to Eat:
- Levy Park is hosting a pop-up restaurant Friday through Sunday for it’s Celebrate Independence with Love event! Celebrity chef, Tim Love, will be cookin’ up a storm!
- Holler Brewing Co. is having an Appy Hour featuring Henderson Heights bites on Thursday starting at 4PM! Try & get there early because it lasts as long as the food does!
- There’s going to be a BBQ eating contest at Beavers on the 4th of July starting at 3:30PM! Registration is $23, and I believe if you enter you have to eat in a steel barred cage.
- The new King’s Biergarten in the heights/timbergrove area is having a kolache pop up this Saturday starting at 8 and going through noon! There should be some unique ones in there, so get yo kolaches!
- Liberty Kitchen in Garden Oaks is having a Life, Liberty, Happiness Cookout on Saturday from 2 — 6PM! Get you some complimentary hot dogs, burgers, live music and beer garden specials!
- It’s National Hot Dog Month so you know Good Dog is going to be celebrating! On Saturday from 2 — 8PM they’ll be celebrating with No Label Brewing Co. and showcasing a 4-Tap Takeover along with our new Texas Bratwurst we’re debuting in July.
- The Heights Epicurean Farmer’s Market is taking place this Saturday starting at 8:30AM! The local farmers will be showcasing everything from dog biscuits to infused vinegars, locally-roasted coffee, bakery goods, chocolates, and more!
- LA Grange is putting on free taco Tuesday on the 4th! With every drink purchased, you get a free taco! Sounds like a deal to meeee!
- Town in City Brewing Co is having a First Of JuLuau event on Saturday from 6 — 11PM! Go celebrate the first of July with brews, Hawaiian plates & smoked meats while Hot Rod Pops will be slingin’ exotic frozen treats! There’s also going to be live music & more!
- If you’re looking for beer AND coffee, I have the event for you! Java Pura + Saint Arnold Pub night will be Friday night from 5 — 10PM! Executive Chef Ryan Savoie will also make delicious donuts because of course you need donuts with coffee (beer.)
- Eureka Heights, one of the height’s newest breweries, is having a Local Brews, Local Grooves, Craft Beer & Music Fest event on Saturday from 3 — 10PM on Saturday! This is ticketed, but includes 20 local craft breweries, over 50 beers and rare releases, 13 local bands, brew-inspired pub food pairings and more!