It’s time again, errybody! Houston’s weekend guide is poppin’. I’m flying to Scotland tomorrow night so I’m missing out on this Texas heat — y’all will have to enjoy it for me. WHAT TO DO IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND?
Where to Shop:
- Stag is having their 2 year anniversary party on Friday from 6 — 9PM! So stop by with yo man (or not whatevs) and get some food, drinks, deals, and tunes! They’re also offering up some special prizes, so may be worth it to stop by!
- The Market at Sawyer Yards is this Saturday from 11 — 5PM. If you’re looking last minute for a Mother’s Day gift, this is the place to be. Always loaded with a lively crowd, great art, food trucks, and music, you’re going to want to go!
- Emerson Rose in the heights is having a Mother’s Day party on Saturday from 11 — 2PM! Go get some champagne and succulents (or just some cute clothes & sunnies) for yo momma! It’s also a great place to pick up a last minute Mother’s Day card… like I did when I posted on my instagram stories on Tuesday! 😉
I’m back with another weekend guide of what to do in Houston this weekend! I like doing these because I’m constantly finding cool stuff to do in this Bayou City and yet a lot of my friends don’t know there’s anything going on. That’s about to change! Hoping to make this into a little series because of how much I love this city and because I love getting out and doing things (#doingthings lol). Not only is the weekend important, but this weekend is Cinco de Mayo weekend AND Kentucky Derby! We’re in for it.
So lets get started!
Where to Shop:
- Emerson Rose Cinco de Mayo Festival on May 4th from 4 — 7 PM. My favorite Houston boutique is having beer, palomas, and 15% off all red, white and green! You can hit this up and then wander down 19th street for a nice pre-weekend relaxing night. One of my favorite things to do!
- EaDo Vintage Fest — this monthly vintage, art, music, and food fest will be Sunday from 12 — 6PM!
- Heights SWEETheart Market will be a cute way to start your Sunday and maybe pick up something for your mom (how is it may already?). It’s from 11 — 6PM and even has a free yoga class starting at 11! All the heights’ markets are a fun time, so def stop by!
- First Saturday Art Market in the Heights is this weekend! Along with some stellar shopping (once again a great time to get mom a gift), there will be food trucks and live music. Always a good way to start your Saturday from 11 — 6PM!
- MenilFest 2017 will be going down on Saturday from 11 — 6PM! This is hosted by The Gulf Coast Indie Book Fair and will be a great place to pick up a new weekend read. There will be food AND readings, so make sure to stop by especially if it’s a nice day outside.