Got your guide for what to do in Houston this weekend, don’t you worry. Get lots of shopping done at all the cool markets going on this weekend — not to mention you need to grab a father’s day prez!
Where to Shop:
- Pop Shop Houston Summer Festival will be all weekend at Silver Street Studios! Definitely going to go to this — great place to hang with friends, buy gifts, hit up a beauty bar, and more!
- The Market at Sawyer Yards at Night will be the place to be Saturday night from 6 — 10PM! Drinks, live music, local artists and more. It’s never a bad time at the Sawyer Yards.
- Midtown Father’s Day Market will be at Bagby Park on Friday from 11 — 7PM! Look for the blue tents and the crazy amount of ties! Great way to start the weekend & get something good for yo fav guy!
- Second Saturday at Spring Street Studios will be the place to be in Houston this weekend on Saturday afternoon (especially if it’s raining). Check out the local artists in their studios and maybe buy some pieces for yoself! This is free so bring ya friends and then head to the Sawyer Yards after. 😉
- The UH Graphic Design program is having a print sale Saturday at Jimmy Chew’s from 5 — 9PM so get out and support UH students and their awesome prints. Literally half of my living room wall is covered in em’, so you know this is a good event cuz I keep goin’ back.
- The first run of the Ham Art Market will be Saturday from 12 — 6PM at the Harrisburg Art Museum. Check out the biggest Houston mural in existence and tons of local artists, vendors, and food!!
Where to Eat & Drink:
- The 23rd anniversary special rare cellar tasting at Saint Arnold’s Brewery will be a fun time on Sunday from 2 — 4:30PM. According to their event page – you’ll be able to sample a wide range of one of a kind selections and aged beauties we’ve pulled from deep within the belly of the brewery. Tickets are 60 bucks, but you get some fun stuff included!
- Texas’ First Annual Poke Showdown will be at Bar Bleu Sunday from 6 — 10PM. Try Houston’s best poke all in one place and decide the winner of HTX for yourself! This IS a ticketed event, so get yourself one soon!
- Beats BBQ Brews is back at Axelrad Saturday from 12 — 4PM! 31 beers on tap, good music, and barbecuuuue!
- Town in City Brewing Co. Adoption event will be this Saturday from 3 — 7PM! Puppies & beer, what more could you ask for? If you’re not looking to adopt a dog, at least go show em some love & have a beer. Maybe spread their cute faces on social media so that someone else will fall in love with their furry faces.