It’s the last weekend in August, which means that hopefully our heat wave is coming to a close. Also, lets hope we don’t get swept away this weekend by Hurricane Harvey in Houston this weekend! Make sure to check all the links to double check events haven’t been cancelled if it starts to rain! I’ll be updating as much as I can. Stay dry!
- Friday night there will be a Summer Night Market in the East End! From 6 — 10PM you can enjoy good food, local music, cool vendors & more! If it’s not raining – def be there!
- Presidio is having another market on Saturday morning from 8 — 2PM. Food, art & more and a great way to check out this awesome Heights restaurant. [Update: cancelled for hurricane harvey]
- After you leave the Presidio market you should definitely check out the Shop Local event at Karbach! They’ll be having food trucks along with local artists, designers, vintage curators, foodies & more!
- Sunday from 2 — 7PM there will be a hip hop flea market over near downtown with a live DJ, and impossible finds from previous eras whether it was the 80’s or 90’s that were all staples in the Hip Hop culture. Eats & drinks will also be available!
- Thursday stop by SteelCity Pops for PopNight! [Update: Cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey]
- Saturday from noon — 4PM you can grab some brunch at Axelrad. Who doesn’t want some taiwanese fusion brunch in their lives this hurricane weekend?
- Sunday at The Conservatory there will be a pop-up food truck taking over all day! Go check out Casian King & enjoy some awesome fusion food.
- A Pre-Oktoberfest Oktoberfest celebration will be at King’s Bierhaus on Sunday from 3 — 6PM with beer and food specials, polka music, and more!
Know what you’re doing in Houston this weekend? Good thing I’ve got you covered. See below for your specially curated HTX weekend guide this August 17 — 20 weekend!
- Head over to Platypus Brewing on Thursday night to shop handmade jewelry made by human trafficking survivors during the Brews & Beads Happy Hour event. All proceeds benefit survivor artisans in Asia & Africa.
- You’ve heard of White Linen Night, but have you heard of Dirty Linen Night on 19th? Well, it’s this Thursday! Go shop 19th in your white linen one last time before it’s not socially acceptable anymore. Complimentary drinks provided in your fav shops!
- Saturday from 6 — 10PM is Discovery Green’s Flea by Night where you can find cool, vintage stuff along with locally made items from HTX artists! Def a fun way to spend your Saturday evening.
- Raven Tower is having another shop local event this Saturday from 4 — 10PM! UH Graphic Design program will be there doing a print sale so make sure to stop by & support! Tons of other vendors, live music & more!
- Get a free margherita pizza this weekend during MidiCi’s Grand Opening on Richmond! It’s going to be packed, but I bet the pizza is worth it!
- Thursday night is the Conservatory’s Third Thursdays event where they feature a local eatery (this week is Hoppy Heat), and they’re also featuring a bunch of local breweries this week! Get over there & check out Houston’s coolest underground food hall.
- Saturday morning from 9 — 12PM, King’s Bierhaus is having their first Kolache Pop Up! They’ll be havin’ kolaches & bloody mary, mimosa specials!
- Houston’s first 2017 Food Fest is going on this Saturday at Hermann Square at City Hall from noon — 10PM! Local restaurants, eateries, & food trucks will be showcasing yum foods! Not to mention live music, entertainment and more!
- If you’re craving some BBQ, Holler Brewing Co is partnering with Feges BBQ on Saturday during their Holler for BBQ event! Starts at noon and goes to 6PM! BBQ it up!
Hi, Houston friends! We’re back with what you should be doing in Houston this weekend!
Get ready because a LOT of it is going to be White Linen Night focused. So many local businesses and restaurants are going all out, so definitely go and enjoy them! There’s enough space for all of us (hopefully), so make your way down the list to plan your Houston weekend!
- First Saturday art market in the heights is this weekend — but it’s moonlighting as White Linen Night, so scroll down & see ALL the activities for WLN below. Hint: there are a LOT of them. But also, make sure to check out Emerson Rose, PopShop, Manready Mercantile, The Lift, & all the houston heights boutiques that are going above and beyond for WLN!
- Houston Restaurant Week has STARTED! Check out where to eat here.
- King’s Bierhaus is not only brand new, but also already involved in local initiatives. Join them Thursday evening to support the Animal Justice League. 20% of all sales will benefit the AJL!
- Have y’all been to Juice Girl on 19th street in the heights? Well they’re opening up a vegan ice cream shop on 19th street called Over the Moon, right across the hall from their juice shop. We need to try this out & hopefully it’s amazing!
- Sunday is National Root Beer Float Day, so Saint Arnolds Brewery is partnering with Fat Cat Creamery to offer you & the fam root beer floats starting at noon! Admission is free & the ice cream (and beer) will be delicious!
Lots more to eat if you scroll down to White Linen Night!