Hi, Houston friends! We’re back with what you should be doing in Houston this weekend!
Get ready because a LOT of it is going to be White Linen Night focused. So many local businesses and restaurants are going all out, so definitely go and enjoy them! There’s enough space for all of us (hopefully), so make your way down the list to plan your Houston weekend!
- First Saturday art market in the heights is this weekend — but it’s moonlighting as White Linen Night, so scroll down & see ALL the activities for WLN below. Hint: there are a LOT of them. But also, make sure to check out Emerson Rose, PopShop, Manready Mercantile, The Lift, & all the houston heights boutiques that are going above and beyond for WLN!
- Houston Restaurant Week has STARTED! Check out where to eat here.
- King’s Bierhaus is not only brand new, but also already involved in local initiatives. Join them Thursday evening to support the Animal Justice League. 20% of all sales will benefit the AJL!
- Have y’all been to Juice Girl on 19th street in the heights? Well they’re opening up a vegan ice cream shop on 19th street called Over the Moon, right across the hall from their juice shop. We need to try this out & hopefully it’s amazing!
- Sunday is National Root Beer Float Day, so Saint Arnolds Brewery is partnering with Fat Cat Creamery to offer you & the fam root beer floats starting at noon! Admission is free & the ice cream (and beer) will be delicious!
Lots more to eat if you scroll down to White Linen Night!
It’s Houston fourth of July weekend! Get ready because we have SO many options for you this weekend. Promise it won’t be a boring one. Also, it’s a great weekend to watch some movies — SO great, in fact, that I added in a lil’ category at the bottom there. Scroll all the way down for your special Houston fourth of July options. Get plannin’, Houston!
Where to Shop:
- Summer Series Art Stroll & Sale will be on Friday from 5 — 9PM at the Sawyer Yards! Join and enjoy live music, food trucks and summer cocktails for the perfect evening!
- Manready Mercantile and Side Project Skateboards are having a Pop-Up Shop at MM on Saturday from 10 — 7PM! There will be special pricing and new products!
- The Summer Street Arts Festival will be on Sunday from 12 — 10PM! Admission is free and there will be performances, drinks, shopping, and more!
- This weekend is the first Saturday Arts Market night in the heights! Y’all know this is one of my favorite things and I love reppin’ the heights! Starts at 6PM & a great way to spend your Saturday night with friends by eating, shopping, and having some drinks!
- Raven Tower is having a Shop Local event from 4 — 10PM on Saturday! It’ll be a great local art, vintage & designer market with music, food, drinks & good vibes!
- Did y’all know we have a Houston Bicycle Museum? They’re having a market on Saturday from 10 — 4PM with arts, crafts, jewelry and more!
Where to Eat:
- Levy Park is hosting a pop-up restaurant Friday through Sunday for it’s Celebrate Independence with Love event! Celebrity chef, Tim Love, will be cookin’ up a storm!
- Holler Brewing Co. is having an Appy Hour featuring Henderson Heights bites on Thursday starting at 4PM! Try & get there early because it lasts as long as the food does!
- There’s going to be a BBQ eating contest at Beavers on the 4th of July starting at 3:30PM! Registration is $23, and I believe if you enter you have to eat in a steel barred cage.
- The new King’s Biergarten in the heights/timbergrove area is having a kolache pop up this Saturday starting at 8 and going through noon! There should be some unique ones in there, so get yo kolaches!
- Liberty Kitchen in Garden Oaks is having a Life, Liberty, Happiness Cookout on Saturday from 2 — 6PM! Get you some complimentary hot dogs, burgers, live music and beer garden specials!
- It’s National Hot Dog Month so you know Good Dog is going to be celebrating! On Saturday from 2 — 8PM they’ll be celebrating with No Label Brewing Co. and showcasing a 4-Tap Takeover along with our new Texas Bratwurst we’re debuting in July.
- The Heights Epicurean Farmer’s Market is taking place this Saturday starting at 8:30AM! The local farmers will be showcasing everything from dog biscuits to infused vinegars, locally-roasted coffee, bakery goods, chocolates, and more!
- LA Grange is putting on free taco Tuesday on the 4th! With every drink purchased, you get a free taco! Sounds like a deal to meeee!
- Town in City Brewing Co is having a First Of JuLuau event on Saturday from 6 — 11PM! Go celebrate the first of July with brews, Hawaiian plates & smoked meats while Hot Rod Pops will be slingin’ exotic frozen treats! There’s also going to be live music & more!
- If you’re looking for beer AND coffee, I have the event for you! Java Pura + Saint Arnold Pub night will be Friday night from 5 — 10PM! Executive Chef Ryan Savoie will also make delicious donuts because of course you need donuts with coffee (beer.)
- Eureka Heights, one of the height’s newest breweries, is having a Local Brews, Local Grooves, Craft Beer & Music Fest event on Saturday from 3 — 10PM on Saturday! This is ticketed, but includes 20 local craft breweries, over 50 beers and rare releases, 13 local bands, brew-inspired pub food pairings and more!
Guys! I’ve been doing these guides for over a MONTH & I’m in love. This weekend there’s a wide array of things to check out — from art markets to motorcycle nights to music festivals! Lets keep it up with What to do in Houston this weekend!
Where to Shop:
- First Saturday Arts Market on 19th Street in the Heights will be this Saturday from 6 — 10PM. This is my ideal way to spend my weekend evenings — perusing shops and getting tacos and a margarita from Torchy’s Tacos afterwards.
- June Designers Kick-Off Party for Launch is on Thursday from 6 — 8:30. LAUNCH is presenting a diverse and talented group of Houston creatives offering goods ranging from designer apparel, upcycled accessories, handmade jewelry, candles to greeting cards. There will be cocktails, light bites, and shopping. What more do you need?
- Want to get really spontaneous? There’s a pup adoption event at the Urban Harvest Farmer’s Market, Houston’s oldest & largest farmer’s market. Get some produce, but also a pup!
- Eleanora’s Market is having its Grand Opening event at Cavatore Italian Restaurant on Saturday from 9 — 11AM. They’ll have over 60 vendors selling produce, textiles, baked goods, art, flowers, and more! If you can’t make it this weekend, they’ll be back every Saturday from here on out!